Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 06:17 PM

Re: Mini stroke

Sorry to read this Caricature, but pleased you got treated quickly.
Problems like that are scary, but the best advice is " listen to what they tell you & do as you are told"....... something i suspect your wife may repeat a few times!
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
I was laid on the floor and with out movement I was nauseas.

Oh, right. Thanks for sharing (everyone), I didn't know about the vomiting for instance with a mini stroke.
Take it easy, Caricature.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Oh, right. Thanks for sharing (everyone), I didn't know about the vomiting for instance with a mini stroke.
I don't with either - I like said, it was some months before I made any recovery.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 07:20 PM

So I got up this morning after sleeping to 7;15,most unusual,its been 5 most morning's or thereabouts.Had breakfast did my abolutions sat down at the puter within minutes I was seeing double,vision blurred horrendous nausea and vomitting,wife rang 111,went through symptoms ended up in a&e promptly seen and various test's they conclude it was likely to have been a mini stroke, blooming frightening I'll tell you.
Anyhow no driving for a month, appointment being made for the stroke clinic and in the meantime 1 x300mg aspirin a day.

What a morning,home now but have to take it easy,not an issue.
... nipped in the bud
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 07:24 PM

Omg Caricature my friend had one last week and has lost nearly all the sight in one eye .
I hope you feel better soon .
Take care
Muddy x
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 08:05 PM

I was just sat reading on line news and everything went funny.
I was diagnosed with a brain anuerism cariicaturewhich since returning to uk they have been unable to trace?
However my sight has progressively got worse and my co--ordination
has also deteriorated, l am struggling right now to type this post??
However look after yourself, l have been living with this for five or
six years now, so youve got plenty to look forward to??
Good luck!!

Donkeyman! 😁😁😁
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Take it easy, Caricature.
Apparently Vertigo or its effects can be symptom which on its own is bad enough,but I just wasn't right which led us to 111.
I've had this body for 63 yrs I guess like everyone else you instinctively know when something's up.
For those who may have missed it.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/transi...ic-attack-tia/
Other signs and symptoms may include:

complete paralysis of one side of the body
sudden vision loss, blurred vision or double vision
vertigo
being sick
dizziness
confusion
difficulty understanding what others are saying
problems with balance and co-ordination
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 05:05 AM

That’s a scary thing to have to go through but you seemed to have handled it well and done all the right things. Keep healthy and stay safe.
Buzzzer
USA
Buzzzer is male  Buzzzer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 05:44 AM

Wow, hope you're doing better and taking care of yourself.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 05:58 AM

Good you are feeling better now ....it must have been very scary. For others on this thread too who have had scares too take care all.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top