Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 03:31 PM

I Hope You Are Listening, Boris!!

So, the EU are ‘demanding’ that the UK follow the ECHR rules after December 31st?

What on earth does the EU not understand? Oh yes, of course, Nothing!

THE EUROPEAN CONVENTION ON HUMAN RIGHTS. The mouthpiece for the EU.
We have left the ‘European’ and are now a Sovereign country again. Only our own legal system now applies to a sovereign country. This basic right was one of the reasons we voted for Brexit, so we will make our own laws on British Human Rights, rigorous enough to especially stop foreigners who come to this country, commit heinous crimes on our soil, to be jailed and kicked out as soon as they leave the prison gates, without appeal.
Yet, there they are, the EU ‘demanding’ we follow their rules on human rights? Well, they can go get stuff-edward.

Just two examples of the European Convention on Human Rights.

Does anyone recall the Germanwings disaster when the pilot’s doctors found him unfit to fly, but German privacy laws prevented them from informing his employers?
Where was the commitment of the EU to the European Convention on Human Rights to fight on behalf of the families of those killed in that pilot’s suicidal mission when it could have been prevented? Why didn’t it back the family’s right to take the German government’ to court for making a privacy law that allowed the state of that pilot’s mind not to be disclosed, knowing that he was a danger to life?
It defies belief!!
I’m pretty damned sure there is an article 8 in that privacy law which decrees that the information can be disclosed ‘’if there is a danger to life’’ etc, so why in the name of God, was it never used?

Does anyone also recall the immigrant who murdered a small child in her own home in London, yet we under the HCHR rules, were not allowed to deport him once his long sentence is completed because of HIS human rights! so the scum will be free to prowl our streets again.

These are just two of hundreds, if not thousands of cases where steam has escaped from European citizen's ears at the total injustice meted out under the banner of the ECHR.

What other sovereign countries would allow a trade demand from an organisation that ‘demands’ we follow this? Boris shouldn’t even be treating it as a ‘red line’. It is an automatic right of being a sovereign nation, not something to be used as barter, giving the idiots across the water the arrogant right to ‘demand’ that we continue to follow ECHR rules!
I defy anyone to tell me that any other country in the world would accept such a demand.
The ECHR is detrimental to the UK and should be consigned to the bin, along with the ECJ. If we remain subservient to a foreign court, then we are not and never will be a free sovereign nation. That was the whole point of Brexit.

We have been around a lot longer than either the ECHR and the ECJ. We will manage fine without them. If Brexit supporters smell one whiff of Boris breaking his word when he was elected on a mandate to regain control of our waters and end subjugation to the ECJ.
Failure to deliver both of these along with control of our borders, at the least,he will see the biggest reversal of support in history. He will be toast!

I only hope he is really taking this fact in.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 03:50 PM

Re: I Hope You Are Listening, Boris!!

Today's DE on line has this to say on the matter:

Quote: A UK source close to the negotiations told the Telegraph: “We simply had a more constructive discussion of the reality of our commitment to human rights law.

“We come from different positions on this but behind it is a bit of a question of good faith.

“We are a good faith member of the ECHR and we tend to be so. And we think that should be good enough.”

The source continued: “Clearly there’s still a big, big difference on this question of our domestic legislation. And our right to evolve it.”

ECHR rules are incorporated into UK national law in the Human Right Act 1998.

When serving as Home Secretary, Theresa may said that the UK should quit the ECHR as it made it harder to deport some criminals.

Since ECHR rules are already part of our National Law, WTF is there to argue/negotiate about?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
[

Since ECHR rules are already part of our National Law, WTF is there to argue/negotiate about?
Not quite perce, not quite. The UK didn't sign the protocols 4 (on civil imprisonments), 7 (on crine and family), 12 (on discrimination). But did ratify 14, allowing the EU to accede.

That protocol 12, on prevention and eradication of discrimination could be a sticky subject in present days, when the cry is: all lives matter!
If the BLM movement picks up on that protocol 12 the UK refuses to sign....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 05:14 PM

why ?

The EU haven't signed up to the ECHR anyway
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
why ?

The EU haven't signed up to the ECHR anyway
Apparently, the UK doesn't want to eradicate discrimination on gender, colour, race. You clearly belong there.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Apparently, the UK doesn't want to eradicate discrimination on gender, colour, race. You clearly belong there.

We signed up to the EHCR.

You lot refuse to
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

21-06-2020, 05:48 PM

We signed up to the EHCR.

You lot refuse to
The netherlands signed protocol 12 on discrimination. You lot don't even know the meaning of
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

21-06-2020, 06:22 PM

The netherlands signed protocol 12 on discrimination. You lot don't even know the meaning of

The EU hasn't though has it.

Your masters may have other plans....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

21-06-2020, 06:57 PM

The EU hasn't though has it.
Putting the UK at the same level as the EU, since the UK hasn't either. Strangely there seems to be a close fit between you and the EU.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

21-06-2020, 07:10 PM

Putting the UK at the same level as the EU, since the UK hasn't either. Strangely there seems to be a close fit between you and the EU.

Oh yes we have we were one of the first - something else your clueless about.

Why am I not surprised

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top