Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 10:58 PM

Re: Extension Deadline

2 minutes and counting...
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 11:00 PM

Woo hoo!
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
2 minutes and counting...
Over!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Over!
Over? What is over?
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Over? What is over?
The deadline for the extension unless EU officials invent another way to extend the period legally.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 11:16 PM

The deadline for the extension unless EU officials invent another way to extend the period legally.
For the EU that is not difficult, for them it is legally anyway to extend. For boris it is more difficult. He has to change the law for it. Having a large majority it is technically possible, but he has to sway his own mps.
Nah, the brits will find out what it means to be outside the EU by januari 1.
Germany

30-06-2020, 11:25 PM

For the EU that is not difficult, for them it is legally anyway to extend. For boris it is more difficult. He has to change the law for it. Having a large majority it is technically possible, but he has to sway his own mps.
Nah, the brits will find out what it means to be outside the EU by januari 1.
After months of gessing or predicting the future after 1.1.2021 it is time to check some facts in this situation:
- an FTA agreement seems more than unlikely
- EU has stated that there are more pressing matters than BREXIT
- UK wanted and asked no extension of the transition period
- EU has (indirectly) accepted no deal as the outcome
- EU is preparing for no deal
- UK is preparing for no deal
- France has set up border control infrastructure, UK has not

IMO there is not much room for speculation how it is going to be after 2020.

And I am sure the two parties will not try to get another extension of the transition period even if it is feasible.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

30-06-2020, 11:52 PM

After months of gessing or predicting the future after 1.1.2021 it is time to check some facts in this situation:
- an FTA agreement seems more than unlikely
- EU has stated that there are more pressing matters than BREXIT
- UK wanted and asked no extension of the transition period
- EU has (indirectly) accepted no deal as the outcome
- EU is preparing for no deal
- UK is preparing for no deal
- France has set up border control infrastructure, UK has not

IMO there is not much room for speculation how it is going to be after 2020.

And I am sure the two parties will not try to get another extension of the transition period even if it is feasible.
Well, where you and I differ is on that fta. Nowhere it is stated that the ending of extension excludes the closing of agreements on trade, data, intelligence etc. So I guess there will be negotiations in 2021 between EU and UK. Difference with the present situation will be that the UK has by then experienced what it means to be outside the EU. The EU knows by then the situation the UK is in.
So the negotiating positions will be different from the present one.

And finally we, as individuals, will know how the storiy ends. Were those crying project fear! right? Let's hope so.
Germany

01-07-2020, 07:12 AM

Well, where you and I differ is on that fta. Nowhere it is stated that the ending of extension excludes the closing of agreements on trade, data, intelligence etc. So I guess there will be negotiations in 2021 between EU and UK. Difference with the present situation will be that the UK has by then experienced what it means to be outside the EU. The EU knows by then the situation the UK is in.
So the negotiating positions will be different from the present one.

And finally we, as individuals, will know how the storiy ends. Were those crying project fear! right? Let's hope so.
I fully agree. After 2020 + some months the *real* after-Brexit life will become visible. Probably then the necessary negotiations on health, finance, trade, traffic, information, ... between UK and EU will have a much lower priority and will take place less prominetly in the media.

As an observer with very little or none emotion towards UK leaving I am really curious about the outcome as it is also a test of the EUs coherence.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 10:57 AM

I fully agree. After 2020 + some months the *real* after-Brexit life will become visible. Probably then the necessary negotiations on health, finance, trade, traffic, information, ... between UK and EU will have a much lower priority and will take place less prominetly in the media.

As an observer with very little or none emotion towards UK leaving I am really curious about the outcome as it is also a test of the EUs coherence.
Did anybody notice that Boris never even attended the the so called
last minute face to face talks over the last 3days??
Instead he played around with his toys here in the uk!
Maybe this was forced on him so that there were no last minute
hitches to Frosties strategy?
Or maybe as a signal to Old Barmy Barny?
Either way as far as uk is concerned, WE ARE OUT!
However that crafty old Frenchman very quietly left the door open
a crack by hinting the so called negotiations could run untill
October this year??
So be prepared for another attempt from Old Barmy to to fudge
some sort of compromise in october?
Till then we must continue to let Boris play with his toys but keep him
on a short leash!!
BTW. I have noticed a marked lack of media attention to the passing
of this historic moment so far today?

Donkeyman! 👍👍🤔🤔👍

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top