Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 09:48 AM

People Organiser?

Some people, thank goodness, are natural organisers.

If there is a group activity, to be organised, they get busy putting the details in place, reminding others of the times and places, contacting the theatre, golf club, whatever, to make a booking.

Sometimes it's just about keeping in touch with others.

They do it!

Then there are those who just attend.

Sometimes they criticise & carp at the organisation, but they still attend.

Which one are you?

Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 10:00 AM

Re: People Organiser?

Neither. Had to organise groups as part of my job, but it never sat easily with me.
Used to nitpick the efforts of others until I had organised events myself, at which point I stopped.
Always preferred being a backroom helper though, sorting out admin and chasing up outstanding details.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 10:43 AM

None of those.

I am a house organiser (inside)...when a house becomes overwhelming for some,as in clutter...I go in to support them ,help go through items that they don’t need...then we either keep...bin..recycle.

A very rewarding job.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 11:35 AM

An involuntary organiser, never quite got the knack of taking one pace back.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 11:41 AM

I tend to recomend someone else to blame
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 11:48 AM

Of course there are some who take on public rolls to make sure that the wishes, of the public, are considered.

e.g. Councillors, MPs, committee members.

(yes, there are some who care!)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 09:38 PM

This is probably the worst year in recorded history for planners and organisers, who could have predicted this time last year that we would be in the middle an old fashioned plague situation this year, as the saying goes “How do you make God laugh?—you make plans.
Mother nature is the enemy of all organisers.

In my experience there are three kinds of organisers.

There are the gifted organisers with natural leadership qualities, they enjoy the challenge of putting it all together and ensuring everything goes well on the day/night, when it does they get personal satisfaction and that is their reward, i admire people who have that kind of genuine caring ability.

Then you have the chancer organisers who are only doing it for what they can personally get out of it, profit and greed drives them on.

Lastly you have those who love the idea of being “in charge” of it all, they get a power rush and it makes them feel good.

I’m afraid I’m none of the above, I seldom plan anything, I’ve been very lucky so far, I just let life with all it’s ups and downs unfold as I go along, most of the downs would have happened anyway and no amount of planning could have prevented them.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 09:46 PM

Serendipity has my vote!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 10:35 PM

Neither. I can't be bothered to organise people (too much of that over my working life) and I don't like being organised by anyone either. I don't do group things because I want to do what I want to do, when I want to do it and how I want to do it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 11:12 PM

I have organised social activities within a social group, mainly meals out.
I organised for us all to go for a meal on a vintage converted DC6 aeroplane.
Afterwards, we viewed all the other vintage aircraft in the airport museum.

They all loved it and we went back again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top