Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 09:35 PM

Re: Relationship Exit Plans?

I wouldn’t be for me if I was a younger man, but things are a lot different now, still I think it’s a sad state of affairs when deals have to made using solicitors before they start a life together.
Are these contracts renewable after every so many years like renewing wedding vows?

In my humble opinion, the very fact of having to draw up these types of contracts in the fist place shows there is no real sincere thrust between the couple, and that’s the wrong leg to get off on for any couple who want to spend the rest of their lives together, and after the same pair having more than likely sworn eternal love to each other, Carlsberg love that is, it’s like saying “I’ll love you forever darling… probably”
Methinks it’s time for them to seriously rethink the relationship before committing to anything.

Best to just sign nothing and carry on for the fun bit of the relationship until they get browned off with each other, then go their separate ways and nobody suffers, only the solicitor.

No relationship can ever last without mutual thrust.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->

No relationship can ever last without mutual thrust.
I tend to agree but did you really mean that?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 09:50 PM

This makes me very sad.

It seems to me couples aren't prepared to work at marriages or relationships so much these days.

In our younger years my husband and I had some right fall outs and could have easily gone our separate ways but we worked through the problems and talked and communicated. Through the ups and downs over the years it made us stronger as a couple. Our marriage is stronger now we are approaching our 43rd year married.
We are much more mellow in our senior years which I think happens with a lot of people and I am so glad we worked at it.

Of course I realise there are some couples that aren't suited to each other after all but it does seem these days they don't fight for their relationships like we did in our days.

We still have our moments but we have mutual respect for each other and they are soon over, usually because I get my own way hahaha, only joking, or am I
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 09:58 PM

From a Ladies point of view It must be difficult Trusting a Thruster.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 10:00 PM

Or Banking on a Bonker.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
We still have our moments but we have mutual respect for each other and they are soon over, usually because I get my own way hahaha
Am sure he lets you think you have
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

06-07-2020, 10:19 PM

Maybe training in isolationism is important, in this Global world.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Maybe training in isolationism is important, in this Global world.
It may well be the case that married men have been in training for isolationism for quite some time.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

06-07-2020, 10:39 PM

Survival, after a spouse/soul mate loss, must be difficult, not sure future proofing is any help.
David P
South Oxfordshire
David P is male  David P has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 11:01 PM

Sad but possibly necessary these days. My partner took out a savings account in her name only purely to save for our grandchild. We have joint accounts for our normal business. A lady friend of mine told me to be careful and was convinced my wife was saving money in preparation for a divorce.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top