Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 12:13 PM

Re: Bad water ???

I'll keep my eye open for Yakult. I know I have seen it somewhere, but I don't immediately recall where.

I'll also look into ProBiotics.

Odd that the Dr has never mentioned these things.

Whatever is going on with my gut, it has progressively gotten much, much worse. Normal people have many minutes warning that they need to use W.C. Not me. At best I have 2 or 3 minutes warning. But, too often only 4 or 5 seconds warning. When going outside the apartment, I dare not eat a single thing. For example, if I am going to the doctors office, I dare not eat a single thing for 16 hours. This disease has taken total control over my life.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I'll keep my eye open for Yakult. I know I have seen it somewhere, but I don't immediately recall where.

Whatever is going on with my gut, it has progressively gotten much, much worse. Normal people have many minutes warning that they need to use W.C. Not me. At best I have 2 or 3 minutes warning. But, too often only 4 or 5 seconds warning. When going outside the apartment, I dare not eat a single thing. For example, if I am going to the doctors office, I dare not eat a single thing for 16 hours. This disease has taken total control over my life.

Perhaps because he is not making any money out of them if you can buy your own without prescription?

Live yoghurts could also help, but they have got to be 'LIVE.' I would personally go for the probios though, as even in yoghurts, there is nowhere near the amount of bacteria a concentrated probiotic will give you.
Good luck.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 01:31 PM

That's how I was! I lost loads of weight, could only eat porridge or rice if anything. As soon as I weaned off Omeprazole and then Ezomeprazole things improved but I still have trouble now a few years later. I take Acidophilus if my acid plays up. There's a thread on here somewhere about pump inhibitors by Azz. I'll try to find it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
That's how I was! I lost loads of weight, could only eat porridge or rice if anything. As soon as I weaned off Omeprazole and then Ezomeprazole things improved but I still have trouble now a few years later. I take Acidophilus if my acid plays up. There's a thread on here somewhere about pump inhibitors by Azz. I'll try to find it.

Tess, may I ask how long you had been on the Omeprazole before your tummy troubles started please?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Here is Azz’s thread which may help........

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=17928
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Tess, may I ask how long you had been on the Omeprazole before your tummy troubles started please?
I can't remember, several months I think. I was put on it originally to stop my diaphragm jumping. I was going to have glass removed from my foot, they had to stop that before I had op (long story). It worked but every time I tried to stop taking it I got terrible acid reflux.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Another possibility, do you eat a lot of bread that is made with yeast?
My sister had the runs for 17 years and, like Tessa, it was caused by destroying the good bacteria in her stomach. Doctors didn't tell her this, a hospital dietician did and she put her on a yeast free,low sugar diet for 12 weeks. At the end of that period she was cured!
I could, of course, be wrong, but I don't see how yeast could be the cause. Yeast in bread dies at about 140 F (60 C.) Bread is typically baked until it reaches 210 F (99 C.).

The only two purposes of yeast is to (A) cause the dough to rise AND (B) to wake up the good bacteria in the flour and give it a fantastic flavor. Once it has done it's job, it dies.

Gluten, however, is present in most flour types.. It is well known that some people can develop a gluten intolerance. They claim it takes 12 weeks for the body to rid itself of gluten.

Horrible thought that I might have to give up bread, pastas, crackers, muffins, cakes, pies and a host of other items that contain hidden gluten.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 07:34 AM

I could, of course, be wrong, but I don't see how yeast could be the cause. Yeast in bread dies at about 140 F (60 C.) Bread is typically baked until it reaches 210 F (99 C.).

The only two purposes of yeast is to (A) cause the dough to rise AND (B) to wake up the good bacteria in the flour and give it a fantastic flavor. Once it has done it's job, it dies.

Gluten, however, is present in most flour types.. It is well known that some people can develop a gluten intolerance. They claim it takes 12 weeks for the body to rid itself of gluten.

Horrible thought that I might have to give up bread, pastas, crackers, muffins, cakes, pies and a host of other items that contain hidden gluten.
The person who advised my sister to avoid yeast was a proffesional and I was amazed at how many products contain yeast. As gluten is in most flours & most bread needs yeast, that may have been the problem, as she was told to stick to her diet for 12 weeks!

Don't worry if you have to give up your favourite foods for 12 weeks & have to reduce the amount you eat in future because, you may lose a few pounds, not have the runs & you can still eat rice cakes!
You know how to cook so invent a few recipes where rice is your main source of carbohydrate!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top