Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire, England
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 11:20 AM

Re: Shopping today.

I managed to book a slot with Tescos for next Friday , it looks like they are releasing a few slots at time first thing in the morning.
I have had to pay 6 delivery and spend 40 but no problem, I would have to pay petrol if I went out and have been able to get a few things for neighbours who have been sharing fresh vegetables with me.

My DIL gets an order from Ocado booked weekly for 12 months in advance so she is ok, I won't allow her to get anything for me, with 5 children to feed she needs to order to the limit of 3 items anyway.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by biffo ->
Have a hot milk drink, it'll save having to freeze it
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 12:19 PM

Sainsbury's today were brilliant! There were men patrolling the queues in the car park to make sure we all kept our distance. Promptly at 8.00am we 'oldies' were allowed in - 5 at a time. Smiling young woman met us inside the door with antiseptic wipes for our hands and trolley handles. Shelves were almost fully stocked apart from flour and pasta and one or two more items. Plenty of fresh fruit/veg/meat/chicken/fish. Staff patrolling aisles partly to make sure no-one took more than their 3 of anything and partly to help people find things as a lot of stuff has been moved around.

At the checkouts the staff were quick and helpful, shoppers also kept their distance from each other. It was a pleasure to shop there.

From there I walked across to the next village - to the Post Office to top up my gas/electricity - they are going to stay open as long as they can and the staff were really cheerful.

Popped into the little bakery on my way home. From today they will be closed - which is sad. They are going to take telephone orders and will open on Friday mornings 9.00 - 1.00pm for people to collect them - but that is all. Like everywhere else - they are running short of flour.

So - that is my shopping and my exercise done - won't need to leave the house again (apart from my dawn rambles) until next Friday.
Omah
Chatterbox
Scarborough, UK
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sainsbury's today were brilliant! There were men patrolling the queues in the car park to make sure we all kept our distance. Promptly at 8.00am we 'oldies' were allowed in - 5 at a time. Smiling young woman met us inside the door with antiseptic wipes for our hands and trolley handles. Shelves were almost fully stocked apart from flour and pasta and one or two more items. Plenty of fresh fruit/veg/meat/chicken/fish. Staff patrolling aisles partly to make sure no-one took more than their 3 of anything and partly to help people find things as a lot of stuff has been moved around.

At the checkouts the staff were quick and helpful, shoppers also kept their distance from each other. It was a pleasure to shop there.

From there I went across to the next village - to the Post Office - they are going to stay open as long as they can and the staff were really cheerful.

Popped into the little bakery on my way home. From today they will be closed - which is sad. They are going to take telephone orders and will open on Friday mornings 9.00 - 1.00pm for people to collect them - but that is all. Like everywhere else - they are running short of flour.

So - that is my shopping and my exercise done - won't need to leave the house again (apart from my dawn rambles) until next Friday.
Very civilised .....
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top