Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 09:16 PM

UK should be grateful

Care for a good laugh? A bit off topic, but who cares?
Here goes!

The UK will be reliant on the EU to complete its vaccine rollout and a little recognition of that would not go amiss, the European commissioner leading Brussels’ vaccine taskforce has said – adding that Europe could have fully vaccinated 70% of adults before the UK reaches its own target of one dose for all over-18s by the end of July.

Thierry Breton also said*AstraZeneca*had agreed that almost all the Covid vaccine doses made in the Netherlands over which the UK has made a claim will stay in the EU.

The first phase of the UK’s vaccination rollout was “hugely impressive”, Breton said, but Britain was “starting to realise that one dose is not enough, that you also need second doses – and that to a large extent it will be dependent on Europe” for them.

He said the UK had chosen a company to produce the Oxford vaccine that “had the advantage of being based in Britain, but no real experience in vaccine production … And we’re seeing today what that means.” https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-says-brussels
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 09:58 PM

Re: UK should be grateful

Haven't you heard Solasch, were sending the SAS over to take it by force....
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Care for a good laugh? A bit off topic, but who cares?
Here goes!

The UK will be reliant on the EU to complete its vaccine rollout and a little recognition of that would not go amiss, the European commissioner leading Brussels’ vaccine taskforce has said – adding that Europe could have fully vaccinated 70% of adults before the UK reaches its own target of one dose for all over-18s by the end of July.

Thierry Breton also said*AstraZeneca*had agreed that almost all the Covid vaccine doses made in the Netherlands over which the UK has made a claim will stay in the EU.

The first phase of the UK’s vaccination rollout was “hugely impressive”, Breton said, but Britain was “starting to realise that one dose is not enough, that you also need second doses – and that to a large extent it will be dependent on Europe” for them.

He said the UK had chosen a company to produce the Oxford vaccine that “had the advantage of being based in Britain, but no real experience in vaccine production … And we’re seeing today what that means.” https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-says-brussels
It seems that you have fallen for that. Could you please take more care in the choice of a reasonable source of information? "The Guardian", come on, behave yourself.
That is utter rubbish. Kindly take a look at a respectable newspaper like "the Daily Express" or "the Sun" okay?

Besides, all the world laughs about the EU...

How do you like my invisìble sarcasm tags?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 10:02 PM

I was hoping to visit Germany after the virus has been kicked into the long grass...I might just have shot my bolt now I'm afraid....
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I was hoping to visit Germany after the virus has been kicked into the long grass...I might just have shot my bolt now I'm afraid....
If only my English was not so poor. Sorry, what does the second half mean (about shooting your bolt)?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

09-04-2021, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
If only my English was not so poor. Sorry, what does the second half mean (about shooting your bolt)?
I might not be welcome now.....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 10:13 PM

Haven't you heard Solasch, were sending the SAS over to take it by force....
Was it covert or covid operations?
Germany

09-04-2021, 10:14 PM

I might not be welcome now.....
Wow, are you so famous in Germany as a bad guy?

Haha, just joking! Personally people from the UK are not more or less welcome in Germany than they were before Brexit. However we are in a pandemic, that is another story.

I am sure that you will find 50% people in Germany who think that visiting another country is (under certain circumstances like being vaccinated) is okay and 50% who do not agree.

At the moment you will have difficulties finding accomodation in hotels here in Germany.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

09-04-2021, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Was it covert or covid operations?
Ha ha! nice one Solasch....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

09-04-2021, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Besides, all the world laughs about the EU...

How do you like my invisìble sarcasm tags?
You are a "buut redner" during fastnach?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top