Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 04:10 PM

Re: Buying a used mini

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Because I only do 6/7,000 miles a year now I was advised against a diesel car for the reasons Primus has given. Also, I think it is Bristol who have banned diesel cars from the city because of environmental issues. When I looked at the reviews when I changed cars, it seems that Minis don't hold their value very well, so you might get a bargain, particularly if you don't intend to change your car very often. If you liked your Ibiza you could always get another one. I think they are nice cars, although not as trendy looking as a Mini. Not that I know anything about cars. What about a VW Polo? They have very good reviews.I have a Golf and I think I would go back for a VW every time.
The proposed scheme is due to start in March '21, it still needs Government approval.

Under the plans, all privately owned diesel vehicles will be barred from entering a clean air zone in the city centre every day between 7am and 3pm by March 2021.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-50292596

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top