Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 04:52 PM

Leasing an Electric Car in the UK

Friends and family seem to be getting on with doing this.

It is giving me much to think about as their (quoted) lease charges and abitity to recharge are interesting.

As is the apparent lack of Car Tax, low cost (or no cost) of recharging & other benefits.

Anyone like the give a breakdown of the charges, lease costs, etc?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 05:00 PM

Re: Leasing an Electric Car in the UK

I wouldn't have an all-electric car if you paid me to be honest. They have no range to speak of and are not that cheap to recharge either from what I've read recently (can't find the bluddy article now though). Oh, and even if you buy one outright, you never get to own the batteries in it. As for recycling the batteries at the end of their life - forget it, they're as toxic as hell.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Friends and family seem to be getting on with doing this.

It is giving me much to think about as their (quoted) lease charges and abitity to recharge are interesting.

As is the apparent lack of Car Tax, low cost (or no cost) of recharging & other benefits.

Anyone like the give a breakdown of the charges, lease costs, etc?
Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I wouldn't have an all-electric car if you paid me to be honest. They have no range to speak of and are not that cheap to recharge either from what I've read recently (can't find the bluddy article now though). Oh, and even if you buy one outright, you never get to own the batteries in it. As for recycling the batteries at the end of their life - forget it, they're as toxic as hell.
They're like them new fangled combustion engines,they'll never catch on,oh! wait...

The technology is still in its infancy,it'll get there but with plenty of petrol in the world it'll be a while.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 06:21 PM

My son is currently seriously considering an electric car. If he goes ahead, it would be his intention to instal a charging point at his house.

That said, he travels quite a lot with his work and the recharging away from home could be an issue. Already there are tales of motorists having to queue to recharge and even turning up to find the recharging point out of order. Hopefully, as the cars become more popular, the subsequent increase in recharging points would sort this out.

Incidentally, I read that there will be a road tax charge of £14 brought in next year.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 06:25 PM

Have a look at this site

https://leasecar.uk/green-car-leasing-deals/
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
My son is currently seriously considering an electric car. If he goes ahead, it would be his intention to instal a charging point at his house.

That said, he travels quite a lot with his work and the recharging away from home could be an issue. Already there are tales of motorists having to queue to recharge and even turning up to find the recharging point out of order. Hopefully, as the cars become more popular, the subsequent increase in recharging points would sort this out.

Incidentally, I read that there will be a road tax charge of £14 brought in next year.
Re the road tax,didn't diesel vehicles start off low road tax,as the combustion engined cars use is reduced the road tax will have to come from somewhere.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 08:55 PM

It is the charging (or lack of) that would put me off buying an EV... and the price of course. Not all cars are kept on a drive or in a garage. Mine is kept in a car park a couple of hundred yards away, so do they intend to install chargers for around 70 - 80 cars?

I also can't get my head around how you would charge on a long journey. Would you have to sit around for a couple of hours? No doubt there would be super fast charge points which would be triple the price to use.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 08:57 PM

We are currently considering moving out of London. My roots, Gloucester, is one consideration ... nice house & garden, off-road parking, within a mile or two of the hospital, cathedral & docks. And a small electric car sounds a practical option, but I don't expect to do anything other than there-and-back before lunch.

Something like this looks nice ... 280 mile range and I'd probably keep it to nearer 28.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
We are currently considering moving out of London. My roots, Gloucester, is one consideration ... nice house & garden, off-road parking, within a mile or two of the hospital, cathedral & docks. And a small electric car sounds a practical option, but I don't expect to do anything other than there-and-back before lunch.

Something like this looks nice ... 280 mile range and I'd probably keep it to nearer 28.

That's a nice looking car d00d.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's a nice looking car d00d.
sexy ....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top