Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 09:50 AM

I give up

Hi

We have a number of Experts on this site,

I listen and learn from them

Dogs, cats, electrics, gas, General DIY, Photography Cooking etc.

Life is so much better for the knowledge that they share.

Coronovirus is so very much different.

Loads of absolutely wrong and stupid posts made.

Yet people believe them.

How stupid is that?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 10:01 AM

Re: I give up

I don't read any on here Swims, there is more than enough hysteria on the telly and in the papers, enough already...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yet people believe them.

How stupid is that?
Give up reading the thread Swimmy if you are getting annoyed. Obviously none of us are experts in this field and that includes you. This is a discussion forum and it's not very nice of you to go saying people are stupid on here. People are worried and rightly so, when 16 million people in Italy are on lock down and world leaders are addressing this virus it tells me something is very wrong.

Be as blasé as you like about this but don't condemn others for havi g fears
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 10:35 AM

Don't give up Kiddo..We'd miss You

No-one knows a damn thing about this bleedin' virus and all We're told to do is wash our hands more...so expect some more weird and wonderful advice from Our fab' Members here on the OFF ..hang loose
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 12:03 PM

Like others on here, many have had far worse ill health than a little cough and sneeze infectous virus. Like when any other virus such as bird flu -mad cow etc the press jump on it as if it is the end of the world is about to happen.

Same with brexit. that was on the news and in the papers overriding all other news.

Most of it is hyped up to such an extent that people start to panic. I will still go on my River cruise later on this year and
to them all
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yet people believe them.

How stupid is that?
Don't give up on us Swim, you are often the voice of reason on this forum...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Like others on here, many have had far worse ill health than a little cough and sneeze infectous virus. Like when any other virus such as bird flu -mad cow etc the press jump on it as if it is the end of the world is about to happen.

Same with brexit. that was on the news and in the papers overriding all other news.

Most of it is hyped up to such an extent that people start to panic. I will still go on my River cruise later on this year and
to them all
Yep, same here realspeed. A Baltic cruise booked for May and unless they cancel it, I'll be there.....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 12:37 PM

Well l have to say, this thread has restored my faith as l was thinking l was the only one not to be panicking on this site. It’s good to know others aren’t taking any notice of the ‘doom and gloom’, ‘the end is nigh’ posts on here.
I have Asthma and could be classed as a ‘at risk’ person but l believe worrying about it, is going to kill you faster than the virus!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-03-2020, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Well l have to say, this thread has restored my faith as l was thinking l was the only one not to be panicking on this site. It’s good to know others aren’t taking any notice of the ‘doom and gloom’, ‘the end is nigh’ posts on here.
I have Asthma and could be classed as a ‘at risk’ person but l believe worrying about it, is going to kill you faster than the virus!
We all know how the media, especially the Beeb love a good story Arty, it justifies all their wages......
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 01:45 PM

I am not programmed to panic anyway but - honestly - it is the last thing anyone should do. It achieves nothing and can even make things worse.

Logic and common sense is what is needed.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top