Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 07:37 AM

Accessing a GP

Hi

This is a nightmare .

We had one Surgery close down due to a funding problem and the 4000 odd Patients had to be allocated to others in the town.

Then things got worse when one of the biggest Surgeries in town was closed due to the recent floods and will be shut for at least the next 3 months.

The GPs are working from various other surgeries, but getting through on the telephone is a nightmare, huge queues and a shortage of consulting rooms.

The Walk in Centre is at the other end of town.

If you do not have a Car it is an hour on the bus and huge queues.

Coronavirus is not helping, the Hospitals are wiping down between each appointment, which is doubling the time for each appointment.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 07:53 AM

Re: Accessing a GP

[QUOTE=swimfeeders;1869089
Coronavirus is not helping, the Hospitals are wiping down between each appointment, which is doubling the time for each appointment.[/QUOTE]

Prevention is better than cure, Swimmy!

I understand what you mean about contacting a GP though. I had a blood test done yestermorn - and I know my GP will want to discuss the results. Tried to make an appointment over the 'phone. Was told all the lines were busy and I was number 32 in a queue. Hung up - she can call me!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 09:08 AM

We have only one Doctors Surgery here in the Village, which is always busy plus they are building loads of new Homes in the area, so I don't know where the people will have to go, because our Surgery won't be able to cope with them.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Walk in Centre is at the other end of town.

If you do not have a Car it is an hour on the bus and huge queues.

Coronavirus is not helping, the Hospitals are wiping down between each appointment, which is doubling the time for each appointment.
I have a car but only really use it for getting out of London.

I'm normally happy to use bus & tube, but not so much now! I saw it yesterday ... a woman coughing into her hand, then grabbing the hand rail. Enclosed public places ... we've been advised to avoid them.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 10:18 AM

I'm lucky where I live the GP practice is quite efficient if you can't get an appointment fast enough they offer you a telephone appointment and the doc fast tracks you if he/SHE thinks it's urgent.

Your situation sounds horrendous swims. ..that must be very frustrating
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 10:21 AM

We have all received good health care for many years, but now many think the NHS have a cure for everything so go to the doctor for every minor illness. With the population increase and many new doctors learning they can earn more in private health care, the NHS is going downhill!

This Covid.9 virus is making things worse and GP's are under pressure, so we are treated by nurses who don't have sufficient experience to deal some illnesses.
We all want too much from the NHS but, if we all understood the difference between minor ailments & ones that need special care, we could all teach children how to look after themselves for minor illness...like our parents did!

Medical staff working under pressure, cannot look after you as well, so we have to put up with it or be prepared to pay more!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 10:26 AM

Yes I think you are right Twinks we all know how to treat everyday illnesses I remember my mum and gran having all sorts of remedies we seem to have lost that skill
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 10:33 AM

Having waited 3 weeks to access a GP he recommended a change to my medication and that can only be done by a Consultant at the Cardiology clinic.
The wait for a clinic appointment is 90 days
I am not able to make an appointment for the clinic at this time because the service is too busy and has been for days .

I may be reduced to paying to see the consultant if I get desperate.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Having waited 3 weeks to access a GP he recommended a change to my medication and that can only be done by a Consultant at the Cardiology clinic.
The wait for a clinic appointment is 90 days
I am not able to make an appointment for the clinic at this time because the service is too busy and has been for days .

I may be reduced to paying to see the consultant if I get desperate.
I've been waiting 15 weeks for the results of the echocardiagram. My doctor keeps contact g them but still no results. Im beginning to wonder ig I got lost in the system.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've been waiting 15 weeks for the results of the echocardiagram. My doctor keeps contact g them but still no results. Im beginning to wonder ig I got lost in the system.
Hi LQ I waited over 2 months for Echo results having been told it would take 6 weeks. My GP tried a couple of times to get a reply and in the end I emailed the Consultants PA who apparently had been on holiday.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top