Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:03 AM

When they say 'self-isolate'....

...are they talking about ONLY places you would come into contact with other people? ..like the supermarket, local post office/shop, GP surgery, pubs etc

What about walking the dog if you go out in early hours of morning when there's no-one else about to bump in to? There's a field right behind my house so I have often walked my dog early and not seen a soul for the entire walk just from my house, round the field and back! (I'm meaning like between 4-6am,not during the day when you may pass other people about)

Just wondering for if this situation gets worse and they do tell over 60's and those who are vulnerable to 'self-isolate'? I wouldn't see anyone and would ask family to leave shopping outside the door if I was having problems with online delivery, but what about walking the dog if you take them to a remote place, early hours of morning and there's not another person around for miles yet? ..would that be considered breaking the self-isolation or quarantine?

Susan
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:33 AM

Re: When they say 'self-isolate'....

Some people are still going about their business in Italy but observing the one metre distance rule.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:35 AM

I think you just would not go out to places where you might bump into people. Although the advice has been very conflicting if you share a house with others. It's great that you have a plan for family help.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Some people are still going about their business in Italy but observing the one metre distance rule.
I don't think one metre is enough tbh. I've never noticed how close people stand next to you at a supermarket. It's a bit creepy these days of viral paranoia.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't think one metre is enough tbh. I've never noticed how close people stand next to you at a supermarket. It's a bit creepy these days of viral paranoia.
Yes, I'm not sure how effective one meter distance is although some of those Italian towns seem to be less crowded than good old British towns anyway.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->
...are they talking about ONLY places you would come into contact with other people? ..like the supermarket, local post office/shop, GP surgery, pubs etc

What about walking the dog if you go out in early hours of morning when there's no-one else about to bump in to? There's a field right behind my house so I have often walked my dog early and not seen a soul for the entire walk just from my house, round the field and back! (I'm meaning like between 4-6am,not during the day when you may pass other people about)

Just wondering for if this situation gets worse and they do tell over 60's and those who are vulnerable to 'self-isolate'? I wouldn't see anyone and would ask family to leave shopping outside the door if I was having problems with online delivery, but what about walking the dog if you take them to a remote place, early hours of morning and there's not another person around for miles yet? ..would that be considered breaking the self-isolation or quarantine?

Susan
I don't think walking the dog out in the open will be all that dangerous for you susan, and it doesn't matter how careful you are, it's the people entering your house (Friends, relatives and loved ones) that could inadvertently be infecting you, that's what you should be careful of.
Schoolchildren pass these things around like wildfire and because they are young and strong don't always have any symptoms.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 12:10 PM

Anyway....I'm not coming on the forum for a while....You never know.....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 12:24 PM

Hi Susan I think you should be fine walking your dog in fields as long as you are not touching surfaces that might be contaminated like metal gates. Wash your hands when getting home and keep a distance when talking to anyone.

I will continue to walk to Chloe in the fields.

I intend to meet up with my son and the toddler twins in the nature reserve if restrictions on contact are brought in keeping a distance and not touching.

I am already distancing myself from people partly because I have had a chest infection for some time something I get frequently through the winter and my coughing and sneezing is not socially acceptable at this time but I am also at high risk if I catch C19. I have totted up my comorbidities which total 5 .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Anyway....I'm not coming on the forum for a while....You never know.....
Forums get viruses too.
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't think walking the dog out in the open will be all that dangerous for you susan, and it doesn't matter how careful you are, it's the people entering your house (Friends, relatives and loved ones) that could inadvertently be infecting you, that's what you should be careful of.
Schoolchildren pass these things around like wildfire and because they are young and strong don't always have any symptoms.
i

yes this is what I'm thinking but I was unsure of what the rules of any 'lock down' would be if it was to get as bad here (UK) as in Italy and the PM decided to lock down the country.

will this only be applying to the bigger cities where thre's far more people in a smaller space or to everyone so even if you lived much more rurally or remotely you wouldn't be allowed to leave your house either? (though I can't see how they can police everybodies front door especially if you're 'out in the sticks' anyway')

Was just hoping I wouldn't be breaking any laws by slipping out with the dog if the country was 'put into lock down'?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top