Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:15 PM

Re: Anyone in planting mode?

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I've had a twitchy dibber for a few weeks Mags!
I've got an extendable trowel which helps with the planting, no bending if I can help it!

You want to watch that twitchy dibber Tess, they can get up to all sorts when you least expect it.

I gave my lawn its first cut last week, and reshaped the edges. Today I have tended neglected bits and bobs in the polythene growhouses, did a bit of repotting, and a bit of late pruning.

I want to get my tomato seeds sown, and the Dahlia tubers started, but I will wait a bit as they are forecasting frost here again tonight.

By the way, out of the corner of my eye today, I spotted my dibber twitching too. Little devil.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 12:03 AM

I've had a twitchy dibber for a few weeks Mags!
I've got an extendable trowel which helps with the planting, no bending if I can help it!
That sounds very painful Tess

I've got an extending trowel and extending fork but I don't get on with them - they keep collapsing on me
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 12:11 AM

I repotted some shoots of Rosemary that I have neglected from one pot of 5 cuttings to a pot each and I notice some geranium cuttings I stole on my morning walks have started to sprout.

I don't know if that counts.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

I've got an extending trowel and extending fork but I don't get on with them - they keep collapsing on me
I think mine is stiff with rust a bit like me!
Put some tape around it Mags!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 11:36 PM

I'm itching to get into my own little garden! Should get the keys tomorrow - completion day!! yay!

I have a few packs of seeds, and bought some seed potatoes. Been looking at grow bags. And oh, have decided I want to paint the garden shed a nice blue colour, to reflect the fact I now live at the seaside. I want it to almost represent a beach hut.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 11:37 PM

I think mine is stiff with rust a bit like me!
Put some tape around it Mags!
Doh! Now why didn't I think of that!
Chardon-B
France
Chardon-B is female 

13-03-2020, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I'm itching to get into my own little garden! Should get the keys tomorrow - completion day!! yay!

I have a few packs of seeds, and bought some seed potatoes. Been looking at grow bags. And oh, have decided I want to paint the garden shed a nice blue colour, to reflect the fact I now live at the seaside. I want it to almost represent a beach hut.
Congratulations on completion day! Good luck with the garden and your Beach Hut shed idea sounds fun, post a pic when it's done.
Chardon-B
France
Chardon-B is female 

13-03-2020, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I repotted some shoots of Rosemary that I have neglected from one pot of 5 cuttings to a pot each and I notice some geranium cuttings I stole on my morning walks have started to sprout.

I don't know if that counts.
Glad to know your Geraniums are growing - who says crime does not pay Have pinched the odd seed head, thats a s far as my nerve takes me.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Chardon-B ->
Congratulations on completion day! Good luck with the garden and your Beach Hut shed idea sounds fun, post a pic when it's done.
Thanks!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 01:56 PM

Have been doing a bit of pruning today would like to plant but the soil here is sodden as heavy as lead .
Sun has come out now though perhaps it will dry it up .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top