Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 11:21 AM

Re: Stop Complaining.

Our low age related benefit is more than outweighed by the means tested benefits system.

Our number of hospital beds is offset by a medical regime that minimises the time spent in hospital and releases people when the cost of a hospital bed does not warrant it being used when what it can provide is not being optimised.

It is right and proper that the people in the economically active age group should be supporting us just as we supported those no longer in the economically active age group when we were in the economically active age group.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is not just the current Government, it is all Governments over the last 20 years.

They have all known that the Actuarial Figures have shown a huge shortfall in Pensions, Social Care and the NHS due to an ageing Population.

Non of them grasped the nettle and raised taxes, other Countries did.
Far far too much tax revenue is being wasted on the "could work but won't work" in this country. Far far too much is being wasted on having to cope with the knock on effects of illegals. Far far too much is being wasted on immigrants, far far too much is being wasted by a hopelessly
overgenerous benefit system that simply reallocates what people earn and that needs to be addressed before taxes rise by a single penny.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 11:31 AM

^^^^^

Well said, AT.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by the artful todger ->
far far too much tax revenue is being wasted on the "could work but won't work" in this country. Far far too much is being wasted on having to cope with the knock on effects of illegals. Far far too much is being wasted on immigrants, far far too much is being wasted by a hopelessly
overgenerous benefit system that simply reallocates what people earn and that needs to be addressed before taxes rise by a single penny.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by the artful todger ->
far far too much tax revenue is being wasted on the "could work but won't work" in this country. Far far too much is being wasted on having to cope with the knock on effects of illegals. Far far too much is being wasted on immigrants, far far too much is being wasted by a hopelessly
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Far far too much tax revenue is being wasted on the "could work but won't work" in this country. Far far too much is being wasted on having to cope with the knock on effects of illegals. Far far too much is being wasted on immigrants, far far too much is being wasted by a hopelessly
You have just saved me from expressing exactly the same slant on things.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have the Lowest Pensions in Western Europe.

We have a third less Hospital beds in Western Europe and by far the longest waiting lists.

It was our Generation which voted for this, we wanted the high life, a very low Tax Economy.

Take the hit folks, it is what we voted for.

It is totally unfair to expect our kids and Grandkids to pay for our stupidity.
One of your more ridiculous posts Swim.

I didn't vote for any of that. I didn't vote for the influx of jobless immigrants who burden our NHS or the billions of wasted Aid sent abroad.

I have paid my bit and happy to do so when it pays for the care of the elderly (who also paid their bit). It won't hurt the grandkids to get off their ipads and do their bit for society.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 12:35 PM

[QUOTE=Mags;1870728]Swimmy, not everyone is the same and can "take the hits" as you say. It may be ok for those who can also say "I'm alright Jack" but there are those of us who cannot afford to "take the hit". My pension doesn't reach 3 figures a week and I have never received any benefits so it's always a tight budget for me, especially with the bills regularly increasing.
My husband is also on a basic pension and neither of us expects our children to support us.

I admit it does annoy me when people make these comments knowing fully well it would probably make no difference to them.[/QUOTE]

I agree and would normally add a swear word in there somewhere.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 12:39 PM

Far far too much tax revenue is being wasted on the "could work but won't work" in this country. ......... far far too much is being wasted by a hopelessly
The amount of government money spent on fraudulent benefits claims (estimated £3.4billion) is much too high, but it pales into insignificance compared with the amount of tax which should be paid but isn't by the rich and the corporations (a conservative estimate of £70 billion of tax evasion,£25 billion tax avoidance and £25 billion of unpaid tax - £120billion in all). If all these rich and corporate tax cheats paid what they should, there would be no reason to raise tax at all. But then the poor are an easier target than the rich!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 12:46 PM

Our low age related benefit is more than outweighed by the means tested benefits system.

Our number of hospital beds is offset by a medical regime that minimises the time spent in hospital and releases people when the cost of a hospital bed does not warrant it being used when what it can provide is not being optimised.

It is right and proper that the people in the economically active age group should be supporting us just as we supported those no longer in the economically active age group when we were in the economically active age group.

I agree.
We helped support others for many years, it has to be that way and will carry on that way too.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top