Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 10:21 AM

Re: Don't Blame Boris.

Originally Posted by meg ->
i think mr johnson is doing a good job in spite of an outbreak of 'headless chicken' syndrome taking over parts of the minor media and country.
Johnson isn't alone in his decision making lets all remember we have some of the best scientific brains in the world advising him and there are justifiable reasons behind all the decision .

I belong to a large health support group and it is rife with silly speculation and rumours masquerading as 'facts', it really isn't helpful and causes unnecessary anxiety and it doesn't help our situation.
The advice to listen to is that coming directly from the government and their spokesmen or the official sites.
Well said Meg, I completely agree
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 06:43 PM

He looks terribly stressed today. But they are getting their act together and seem to be working well as a team which is reassuring.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think Mr Johnson is doing a good job in spite of an outbreak of 'headless chicken' syndrome taking over parts of the minor media and country.
Johnson isn't alone in his decision making lets all remember we have some of the best scientific brains in the world advising him and there are justifiable reasons behind all the decision .

I belong to a large health support group and it is rife with silly speculation and rumours masquerading as 'facts', it really isn't helpful and causes unnecessary anxiety and it doesn't help our situation.
The advice to listen to is that coming directly from the government and their spokesmen or the official sites.
I wonder where or why these silly 'facts' start. What do people get out of starting rumours?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I wonder where or why these silly 'facts' start. What do people get out of starting rumours?
LD I belong to a big health support group with some very ill people and the silly rumours have caused some of them great anxiety . There are also the fake news items like drinking a particular substance will stop them catching the virus all easily checked on as fake news on Snopes .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 09:34 AM

Hi

I do not the way it is being Politicised.

Some of the comments from the Labour MPs have been ridiculous.

Both sides have the same expert advisers so the science will not change.

Corbyn saying he will refuse to self isolate is simply sending the wrong message.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
LD I belong to a big health support group with some very ill people and the silly rumours have caused some of them great anxiety . There are also the fake news items like drinking a particular substance will stop them catching the virus all easily checked on as fake news on Snopes .
I can imagine. People are anxious enough as it is, without some idiot starting fake news.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-03-2020, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I do not the way it is being Politicised.

Some of the comments from the Labour MPs have been ridiculous.

Both sides have the same expert advisers so the science will not change.

Corbyn saying he will refuse to self isolate is simply sending the wrong message.
Corbyn is being a tw@t. Still it's nice to see that some things remain unchanged.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top