Join for free
Page 10 of 18 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Marky34
Surrey
Marky34 is male  Marky34 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 05:00 PM

Re: Shopping today.

I haven’t ventured near a supermarket for the last week. I guess I’ll have to brave it sometime.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 05:07 PM

Signs of the times:

Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 06:10 PM

Depends on where you live I suppose ? I was told my Sainsburys is quiet just now .
I havn't been out since Saturday except to my bins and washing line . Quite peeved it's not warm enough to sit out there but better than rain .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 09:18 PM

A 'Heads up' for the men (and maybe women?), It looks like barbers could be closed for some time so get yourself some hair clippers. I have never used them before all this but I did manage to order some online from Argos and get them delivered to Sainsbury's.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Outside our Sainsbury Local this morning, the manager told the people waiting outside in a queue (a couple of metres apart) he was sorry but there was a bit of congestion in the store (we knew this having just come out). "That's OK, mate", said this scruffy looking great mountain of a guy, "We understand. We know you're doing your best for us."
Go in, get what you need, Go home.

Our boots store has marked out 2 metre distance on shop floor and with limit on how many can be in store it works well.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 09:36 PM

I was in s/market last week I think it was. I feel a bit disorientated at the mo LOL.
Then on Monday my daughter did some for me.

Today I ventured into a small Sainsbury's and Tesco Express and Boots. I figured smaller s/markets may be safer than the larger ones. No queues in any of the shops.

Boots was awful. There were no lights on, the one assistant who was shelf filling was totally disinterested and ratty and she came to close to me when I asked where some vitamins were.

Fingers crossed...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 10:08 PM

It's great that the NHS workers and the elderly get their own time slots but there is an irony to it. Once the rush is over with, it's much, much quieter than it would normally be and that's probably the safest time to shop.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 10:16 PM

Went to Sainsb------ today and security and cops on the door only letting 20 people at a time in, OH got in after an hour in a 500 yard queue and got all we needed for a week it was all very organised well done Sainb---- so different than the punch-ups that they are now getting in the states in the queues.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's great that the NHS workers and the elderly get their own time slots but there is an irony to it. Once the rush is over with, it's much, much quieter than it would normally be and that's probably the safest time to shop.
I said somewhere that I wouldn't be going in those elderly/NHS time slots just because I figured that would be the case.
Not to mention NHS workers going the same time as the elderly seemed not a good move in my book.

I'm going to have to go sometime to the large s/markets just because the smaller shops don't stock some stuff I need. I will definitely be going out of those time slots!

As a matter of interest Dingy, do Sainsbury's spray down the trolleys/baskets or deep clean anywhere overnight?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-03-2020, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I said somewhere that I wouldn't be going in those elderly/NHS time slots just because I figured that would be the case.
Not to mention NHS workers going the same time as the elderly seemed not a good move in my book.

I'm going to have to go sometime to the large s/markets just because the smaller shops don't stock some stuff I need. I will definitely be going out of those time slots!

As a matter of interest Dingy, do Sainsbury's spray down the trolleys/baskets or deep clean anywhere overnight?
They now have disinfectant and paper towels as you enter and you are told to wipe the basket handles. I'm not sure about the trolleys as I don't get to see outside. Personally, I go round cleaning the touch screen scales about once every hour. No one told me to but I just thought it to be a good idea. Not sure what happens at night tbh.

Page 10 of 18 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top