Join for free
Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 11:03 PM

Re: Shopping today.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
They now have disinfectant and paper towels as you enter and you are told to wipe the basket handles. I'm not sure about the trolleys as I don't get to see outside. Personally, I go round cleaning the touch screen scales about once every hour. No one told me to but I just thought it to be a good idea. Not sure what happens at night tbh.
Well done you! We need more like you petal.

Good to hear about the disinfectant and paper towels, thanks for letting me know. I hoped they would be doing something.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 11:19 PM

Yawn! I'm staying up past bedtime to try to get an order slot at midnight when they post new ones apparently. If not I'll be posting on the annoyed thread.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yawn! I'm staying up past bedtime to try to get an order slot at midnight when they post new ones apparently. If not I'll be posting on the annoyed thread.

Good luck with the order Tess.

Give it half an hour you'll have your 2nd wind and be raring to go. By the time you go to bed, you'll be wide awake
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
By the time you go to bed, you'll be wide awake
Have a hot milk drink, it'll save having to freeze it
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 01:06 AM

No slots available in any supermarkets some up to three weeks!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Went to Sainsb------ today and security and cops on the door only letting 20 people at a time in, OH got in after an hour in a 500 yard queue and got all we needed for a week it was all very organised well done Sainb---- so different than the punch-ups that they are now getting in the states in the queues.
I watch the local, San Diego, news, and the National news every day and I have not heard of any fist fights in the lines at the stores. Likely you have been listening to the leftist anti-American media.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 02:45 AM

Aww Tess I hope you got a slot. I've been ordering stuff on Amazon. Long life milk, long life fruit juice, teabags, batteries., vodka, brandy, malibu....!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I watch the local, San Diego, news, and the National news every day and I have not heard of any fist fights in the lines at the stores. Likely you have been listening to the leftist anti-American media.
There is a punch up in a pharmacy in the film Contagion which was showing here tonight. I had to switch it off because what would once have been gripping viewing is now too close to what could be reality.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

27-03-2020, 02:49 AM

No slots available in any supermarkets some up to three weeks!
It's worth trying some of the new ventures where greengrocers or similar have set up online ventures to deliver fresh fruit veg and dairy. They tend to advertise on facebook and such.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Isn't it annoying Bakerman how some of the media latch onto only the negative whether or not it is true....I have only experienced positive reactions here from people and companies but some of the media paint a very different picture.....

Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top