Join for free
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 10:51 PM

Re: Shopping today.

[QUOTE=Dodge;1872740]Went into my local high-street Iceland after work and even though it is a big store, it was approximately 80% empty of food. I had a good look and this is what had gone, nothing left on the shelves (it was full stock on Friday because i went in to get some breakfast cereals):

Bread
Milk
Tins of Baked Beans
Tins of spaghetti
Tins of Ravioli
Frozen pizzas
Rice (all types and all types of packaging)
Spaghetti
Tins of peas (garden and processed), sweetcorn, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes
All tins of soup
All cheeses
All butter and margarine.
All bottles of fizzy drinks
All bottles of squash (orange, blackcurrant etc)
biscuits
crisps
Coffee and Tea
oh and the obvious, toilet roll and kitchen roll

The only things left that was in the majority was weightwatchers stuff, sweets, alcohol and vegetarian frozen meals, oh and icecream.

I got what i needed but i could hear many customers complaining about there being no milk or bread.[/QUOTE]

No bread at my store today because there was no delivery. No idea why.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
talking of butter, there was an asian lady in front of me at Iceland today and she had bought two WHOLE BOXES full of Willow Butter, I'm not sure how many packs were in the box but there was a lot! I later found out it was on offer for 50p. Talk about selfish.
It'll go off before she can use it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
serve her right. It wouldn't suprise me though if she bought it for her shop and sells it for much more than it should cost. The butter was on offer for 50p!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-03-2020, 10:58 PM

Please remember that these are extraordinary times. Although supermarkets say they have enough to go round, they haven't really had time to prepare unlike Christmas time when the extra load is planned well in advance.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 12:40 AM

talking of butter, there was an asian lady in front of me at Iceland today and she had bought two WHOLE BOXES full of Willow Butter, I'm not sure how many packs were in the box but there was a lot! I later found out it was on offer for 50p. Talk about selfish.

I spoke to one of the men at Iceland today and asked him why they are letting people buy such enormous amounts of loo rolls and others stuff, as most other shops are limiting bulk sales now, yet Iceland is not.

I said that was wrong, and the selfish ones are leaving nothing for others.
He agreed, and said he cannot do anything in his store without the authorisation from their H.O.
He said he had contacted H.O. about it this very day, and they still won't authorise limiting sales!

This is so wrong IMO.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
My daughter just told me that she popped into Sainsbury's on the way home and there were people fighting in there, the lady on the till said people are turning into animals with all this panic buying.
I'm expecting muggings and cars being broken into to steal loo rolls and food next.
I think I'm more scared of people than viruses so I'll stay in after my physio appointment tomorrow apart from taking Dolly out.
I agree. You should be afraid of those crazy people. I certainly am.

Not one word from any government agency that has said a word about the food supply.

The lines at the supermarkets still wind down the street, with no end in sight.

I don't think I'm hysterical when I say that riots and looting are just around the corner. It will start in the poorest, minority neighborhoods and spread out from there.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I agree. You should be afraid of those crazy people. I certainly am.

Not one word from any government agency that has said a word about the food supply.

The lines at the supermarkets still wind down the street, with no end in sight.

I don't think I'm hysterical when I say that riots and looting are just around the corner. It will start in the poorest, minority neighborhoods and spread out from there.
Hi

You are an immigrant in a Foreign Country.

You are a burden on their resources.

You are a huge supporter of Trump, who you think is doing a great job.

You are a huge critic of the Mexican Government.

Simple solution, go home, back to the USA.

If Trump is doing such a fantastic job you will be far better off and safer in the USA.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
She could freeze it or make it into ghee. Very selfish though to buy so much.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 11:07 AM

My freezer and dads freezer is full, I've done loads of bulk cooking. I can't get hold of any chicken breasts though as there were none today not even at the farm shop. We have a butcher a fair way from here so I am just about to order online to pick up on Friday, wish me luck.
Be aware that there are likely to be power outages due to shortages of workers to maintain supplies as this bloody Chinese export continues and worsens. These will be potentially much longer than the power outages we usually experience.

Also keep in mind that no electricity will impact on gas supply and in most cases water supplies too.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Be aware that there are likely to be power outages due to shortages of workers to maintain supplies as this bloody Chinese export continues and worsens. These will be potentially much longer than the power outages we usually experience.

Also keep in mind that no electricity will impact on gas supply and in most cases water supplies too.
I am told by someone in the know that will be unlikely , the Armed Services will maintain supplies.

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top