Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 09:01 PM

Re: Surgery and Appointments

My wife is an appointments officer at our local hospital, in charge of making appointments with the clinics and consultants etc, she reckons the older ones understand the need to cancel clinics, it's the younger ones who go mad, then again it's the same with those who don't attend, more often than not it's the younger ones. During the winter she had an old lady attend clinic, she'd been brought a fair distance by ambulance, but didn't realise you had to book it both ways, the weather was foul, so my wife rang me and I took her home, that same day a young man rang to cancel his appointment as he couldn't make it due to the bad weather, he lived just over the road from the hospital! She rang an old chap on her list, he lived about 5 miles away, she told him he could have a cancellation slot, thereby being seen quicker, but he had to be there in 45 minutes. 30 minutes later he was at the desk, insisting on seeing my wife to let her know he'd arrived!
Sometime's she gets so pissed off with the younger patients (20's and 30's) the judging by the number in our area who've cancelled recently due to 'having the corona virus' , our area must have more cases than anywhere in the UK, lol
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I had a worrying message from the GP to say in view of the worsening situation in the West Midlands ( we have had deaths locally) the surgery doors are being locked from this morning and emergency telephone appointments only will be queued and triaged .

Better news on prescriptions, for a set couple of hours each day, patients can drive into the car park where a gowned and masked member of staff will take your name and deliver the prescription to the car. No early ordering of prescriptions are allowed a date is given when they can be ordered online.
That was yesterday , today another message to stay at home medication will be delivered. Our village delivery day will be Thursdays ...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 02:08 PM

I ordered my meds online two days ago and phoned the chemist to see if they would kindly deliver it for me as being in the vulnerable age group I'm not venturing outside the front door. They said sorry, we're too busy ....... yet they always deliver my husband's meds
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 03:32 PM

I too, had the text message from the surgery warning not to order repeats to early. Aparently they have been inundated with requests before they are even due, so the docs have been refusing them.

However, I was a good girl and ordered mine when they were due, and I picked my meds up yesterday from the pharmacy along with another prescription which was only ordered an hour earlier.

Can't complain at that can I.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 04:03 PM

I've just checked when I can reorder my meds and our doctors' website says not before the 31st - that's 8 days before I run out of all medication.

In the past, I've had reorders cancelled because I've tried to get them too early only to have to phone the surgery and explain we were going on holiday for a couple of weeks and I would run out. I was told to take the back sheet of an old prescription with us and see a doctor at our holiday destination!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 04:59 PM

I've just received a phone call from our Dental Surgery to say our appointment in May has been cancelled and they will get in touch with a new appointment when all the restrictions are over.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 05:11 PM

Ditto, Mags.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I've just received a phone call from our Dental Surgery to say our appointment in May has been cancelled and they will get in touch with a new appointment when all the restrictions are over.
Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Ditto, Mags.
I had a similar call from my Dental Surgery, too. However, emergencies will still be dealt with.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Galty, l wondered that but originally when l was diagnosed with Pernicious Anaemia, they told me the reason l have a Vitamin B12 deficiency is because l can’t absorb it in my stomach.

So l don’t know?
Sorry late reply had forgot to ask her.

Think my daughter cannot absorb B12 as well she is just waiting on a blood test cause her tablets did not work
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2020, 09:30 PM

Mrs Mart has had her spinal injections cancelled.

I have had my renal scan cancelled.

I hope we don't have trouble getting our repeat prescriptions from the doctors surgery (they run their own pharmacy).

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top