Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 05:54 PM

Re: Covid19 & ibuprofen

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
How come there are no eggs in the supermarkets?
Anyone know why?

I had heard that tonic water is getting scarce after some fake news that the quinine in it stops coronavirus in it's tracks.

Both ibuprofen and paracetamol have been stripped from the shelves in my local supermarket for days.

I think it's because more people have decided to bake their own cakes/bread etc.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I think it's because more people have decided to bake their own cakes/bread etc.
Yep....and eggs are full of good stuff and last a long time Tiff...One of natures multi vitamin packages...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->
EGGS!! I forgot to add eggs to my shopping! ...thanks for the reminder now to see if I can actually get any..lol!
I got my eggs in a small village grocery store. Was there for the dentist.
They are free range & supplied by a farmer. They were a bit more money than supermarket, but I do like the proper farm eggs & don't mind paying extra.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

17-03-2020, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yep....and eggs are full of good stuff and last a long time Tiff...One of natures multi vitamin packages...
Yes they are, I could happily live on eggs.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 09:22 PM

Just seen a Doctor on the news and he says it's perfectly safe to take Ibuprofen. The only exceptions are if you have stomach problems or poor kidney and liver function.

There has been no adverse reaction from covid 19 and Ibuprofen.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 09:47 PM

Just seen a Doctor on the news and he says it's perfectly safe to take Ibuprofen. The only exceptions are if you have stomach problems or poor kidney and liver function.

There has been no adverse reaction from covid 19 and Ibuprofen.
I've also seen a doctor on television saying that Ibuprofen should NOT be taken but instead to take paracetamol. Apparently Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory which compromises a person's own immune system and prevents it from working to full capacity providing the necessary means to fight the virus.

I take medication after having a heart attack a while ago, I know I cannot take Ibuprofen as it negates the effects of one of the three tablets I take daily. Not sure which one so will not make a guess.

I found the link below after searching for NHS advice on this, there is a lot of information to be found though:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...uidance-nhs-uk
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 09:47 PM

Ibuprofen is an anti inflammatory and works in part by suppressing the immune system. So for pain relief and temperature reduction paracetamol is the better choice.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-03-2020, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I've also seen a doctor on television saying that Ibuprofen should NOT be taken but instead to take paracetamol. Apparently Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory which compromises a person's own immune system and prevents it from working to full capacity providing the necessary means to fight the virus.

I take medication after having a heart attack a while ago, I know I cannot take Ibuprofen as it negates the effects of one of the three tablets I take daily. Not sure which one so will not make a guess.

I found the link below after searching for NHS advice on this, there is a lot of information to be found though:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...uidance-nhs-uk
Daily Express Baz....?
I'm surprised at you.....The Express also reported that this winter would be the worst on record with excessive snow falls......

The NHS says:-

Ibuprofen relieves pain and reduces fever. ... It can be used to relieve the symptoms of cold and flu including congestion, aches and pains, headache, fever, sore throat, blocked noses and sinuses. This medicine can be taken by adults and children of 12 years and over.

It's also excellent at reducing the pain from Gout......
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 10:02 PM

Daily Express Baz....?
I'm surprised at you.....The Express also reported that this winter would be the worst on record with excessive snow falls......

The NHS says:-

Ibuprofen relieves pain and reduces fever. ... It can be used to relieve the symptoms of cold and flu including congestion, aches and pains, headache, fever, sore throat, blocked noses and sinuses. This medicine can be taken by adults and children of 12 years and over.
I've looked for the official NHS website for advice but all I found was newspapers, most of them, carrying this news. I did also see a GP on television who gave the advice shown in my post about compromising a person's own immune system in the way described. I don't think anyone would disagree with what Ibuprofen can be used effectively for, it's just the way one's own immune system can be lessened in its effectiveness against a virus by using Ibuprofen which is an anti-inflammatory.

Another item here on the BBC News gives more information and this item is only one hour old:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/51929628

Same advice in this publication too:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/17/takin...orse-12409030/
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-03-2020, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I've looked for the official NHS website for advice but all I found was newspapers, most of them, carrying this news. I did also see a GP on television who gave the advice shown in my post about compromising a person's own immune system in the way described. I don't think anyone would disagree with what Ibuprofen can be used effectively for, it's just the way one's own immune system can be lessened in its effectiveness against a virus by using Ibuprofen which is an anti-inflammatory.

Another item here on the BBC News gives more information and this item is only one hour old:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/51929628
Yep Baz, that's what the doctor said....It was safe to take Ibuprofen, but probably not the preferred treatment. I was worried about taking it for my poorly toe, and apparently it's safe to do so despite the covid19 virus....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top