Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 05:18 PM

Re: Shopping for someone in isolation

Both of the cash machines outside our Tesco were out of order this morning. Presumably they were empty and no-one had come to fill them up when we were there.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 05:50 PM

Never mind cash machines ..... Morrison's is already encouraging shoppers to pay by card or smartphone in a drive to reduce the exchange of dirty money.
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 08:51 PM

Paypal or Apple Pay?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I had thought to go to the cash machine & draw money as usual. In the middle of the night if necessary when no one is around!!
Unfortunately, our nearest is inside a local store which is closed overnight. We get our groceries on line but the delivery today was short of a few things to we took a taxi to the nearest supermarket. That too, was out of a lot of things.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->
Paypal or Apple Pay?
I'm only in my fifties but I have no idea what apple pay is.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
neither do I so don't feel so alone my little chucklebum
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 09:51 PM

Chucklebum?
Oh you cheered me up with that LQ.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
neither do I so don't feel so alone my little chucklebum
Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Chucklebum?
Oh you cheered me up with that LQ.

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 11:19 PM

You pay with an apple

Going back to your original post, we've had two different people offering their services and I must admit I thought the same - how to pay them if any shopping was needed. I never have anything more than £10 in my purse. Always pay by card (which I'm sick of squirting with antibacterial along with the Nectar and Tesco cards and any other cards they've been next to in my purse )

One of the people I would trust as she lives in the close, but the other, I have no idea who they are.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 11:23 PM

I hope people have thought of drawing out some money if they have it. Of course, not everyone does and I worry about how they will get on. Obviously family members are probably okay with card details but there are the volunteer groups going around leaving notes through people's doors. Some people (quite rightly) said they would never trust a stranger to walk their dog as they could be scammers and the same could apply here.

Yes, I wondered the same.
Sadly there will always be those who use bad situations for their own gains.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top