Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 11:26 PM

Re: Shopping for someone in isolation

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Both of the cash machines outside our Tesco were out of order this morning. Presumably they were empty and no-one had come to fill them up when we were there.

I've never thought of that before Percy.

Who's job is it to fill the cash machines?
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 04:45 AM

The trouble is over 70's and vulnerable people are supposed to be in self isolation and yet there are special hours for them to shop in supermarkets.

There's no way you can stay in self isolation as the system lets you down, If you don't have anyone to do your shopping or get prescriptions then you don't have a choice! I think something should have been set up properly in the community to help folk.

you don't stand a chance trying to keep safe from this virus!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 12:34 PM

Today I had an email from Sainsbury’s CEO which included their up to date policy .....from Monday 23rd all stores will set aside Mondays , Wednesdays and Fridays 8-9 a.m for the Elderly ,Disabled and Vulnerable to shop .

However were not the Elderly and Vulnerable told by the Government not to go out in order to remain protected ?

How do you interpret both of these conflicting statements?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Today I had an email from Sainsbury’s CEO which included their up to date policy .....from Monday 23rd all stores will set aside 8-9 a.m for the Elderly ,Disabled and Vulnerable to shop .

However were not the Elderly and Vulnerable told by the Government not to go out in order to remain protected ?

How do you interpret both of these conflicting statements?
We've gotta eat Zuleika...
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 12:44 PM

That was never going to be easy. Firstly, my local Sainsburys started that last Thursday so I got there at 7am. The doors had already been opened, the car park was overflowing with cars queuing outside for hundreds of yards in either direction and the store was rammed with people. Secondly, we all need to eat. I do our shopping once a week only. Could I ask someone else to do it for me? Possibly but I don't think I could put anybody else through it. Am I prepared to take a chance? Not really another option so I will do it myself trying to avoid as many people as possible but then a hot shower and change of clothes as soon as I get home. We are self isolated apart from that two hour shopping session and nobody will come to visit us.
P.S. My phone never stops with calls asking me if we are both still ok. Such a lovely caring family I have. So lucky. Good luck everyone.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 12:48 PM

My daughter who works in the cafe in B&Q has just reported record queues at the tills by people clearing the shelves of paint and wallpaper....
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 12:55 PM

EZ Rider I don’t think there’ll be hundreds queuing at my small town Sainsbury’s .... forgot to say ID will be necessary .
Depends how low on things as to whether I’ll risk it in the future .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 02:06 PM

I'm assuming the alternate days will be for healthcare and key staff?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 02:12 PM

FWIW, we have our groceries delivered.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
My daughter who works in the cafe in B&Q has just reported record queues at the tills by people clearing the shelves of paint and
wallpaper....
Makes sense if they are not able to work good time to do something useful. Anticipating a lot of people will be buying these now to avoid the Easter rush.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top