Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 10:32 PM

I mowed my lawn this afternoon

I'm not saying it looks great, in fact it is a bit yellow here and there but it was getting so long I had to give it a go. I think it needs a few days of sun to give it a bit of a lift. I will get down and edge it properly tomorrow.

I'm trying to get the garden back into good condition in case Mrs LD has to spend any isolation periods at home. At least she will be able to sit in the garden (weather dependant) rather than go insane in the house.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 11:11 PM

Re: I mowed my lawn this afternoon

My grass, can't call it a lawn, is still sopping wet & squelchy
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 12:16 AM

Did my lawn a couple of weeks back, Dongle.

I've only got a small lawn, so it doesn't take me long thank goodness.

Today I noticed all the beautiful Magnolia's are coming into bloom, it cheered me up in all the gloom.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
My grass, can't call it a lawn, is still sopping wet & squelchy
Same here. Could do with a few good dry days to get the stuff cut.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 01:33 AM

The lawn is mowed, the box hedges need to be trimmed too. Spring is springing finally! Lovely smell of cut grass in the air.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 08:12 AM

I'm.amazed folks have been able to cut lawns...it's like a mud bath here just weeding is difficult the soil is so wet.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm.amazed folks have been able to cut lawns...it's like a mud bath here just weeding is difficult the soil is so wet.

Hi

Same here summer.

We also have huge acerages of agricultural land which is still to wet to plant and thousands of acres of destroyed crops due to the flooding.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 10:09 AM

I have cut my lawn a couple of times recently, if it gets too long the mower won't cut.
There is some weed and fed waiting in the garage , I want to spike the lawn when it dries up a bit then dress it.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 10:36 AM

OH no LD is it that time of the year again, how much is artificial grass I wonder.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
OH no LD is it that time of the year again, how much is artificial grass I wonder.
It'll be 20p a metre in a few weeks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top