Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 01:11 PM

Prescriptions

My Son who is diabetic put all our prescriptions into the surgery last week. His came yesterday, but no sign of mine.
The pharmacy send them to us. I rang them, they have part of mine, but no Thyroxine prescription from the surgery. They did say they have Thyroxine there though, but need the prescription to validate it.
I rang the surgery several times but couldn't get through. I have no pills left, took the last one this morning.
I rang the pharmacy again & the receptionist said she would email the surgery for me, but it could take several days before they get the prescription.
This is bad, can't understand why no prescription for my Thyroxine, when I can have all the others I take & they were all together on the same form & the Doc who signed the form must have seen it, it doesn't make sense.
I have never not taken it since I was diagnosed several years ago. Goodness knows what it'l do to me if I can't take any for a few days. It was bad enough before they got the dose right all those years ago.

Anyone else had problems taking Thyroxine, then not taking it? I would like to know if it will affect me if I don't take it for a few days?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 01:27 PM

Re: Prescriptions

Tiffany, you should not stop taking the Thyroxine!
It looks like this could be a mistake by the Doctor so go to your surgery and ask for an immediate prescription.
If you can't go then see if a relative could go for you.

My surgery is a large one, with a prescription department, & when I have had problems like this they have always been able to help.

If nobody can go to the surgery, keep phoning till you get an answer
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 01:29 PM

Hi Tiffany , that is awfull

I have endless problems with my prescriptions, I order them online allowing about 10 working day and I always collect it in person 4 days before I run out (I would like to allow more but can't at my surgery) to check I have all I need and a good job I do because it is often wrong with too few pills to last a month if I need extra.
My meds are my biggest worry . without them I am at increased risk of a stroke.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 01:32 PM

Hi

Guy had trouble getting his Epilepsy meds this morning as well as one of mine.

He had to visit 3 pharmacies to fulfil both prescriptions.

As far as social distancing is concerned, the surgery is not answerin the phone and the queue of people wanting to see a Receptionist was down two flights of stairs and out of the door.

The pharmacy is short staffed and over 40 people queuing for meds.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 01:33 PM

Tiff, Google "What are the problems if you run out of Thyroxine?

It tells you the possible problems & you can e mail your doctors to ask who will accept responsibility should they happen to you.
That usually gets some action!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Tiffany, you should not stop taking the Thyroxine!
It looks like this could be a mistake by the Doctor so go to your surgery and ask for an immediate prescription.
If you can't go then see if a relative could go for you.

My surgery is a large one, with a prescription department, & when I have had problems like this they have always been able to help.

If nobody can go to the surgery, keep phoning till you get an answer
Twink that is exactly what it sounds like, I have had an items left off my meds and when I checked and found it missing the pharmacy then said they can't prescribe without a prescription so I sat my bottom on the little sofa and said ' Thats ok I will wait here while you sort it out with the Doctor' and they did.

Tiffany any needs to ring or email, say she is out of Meds and can someone collect them today.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 02:12 PM

Our pharmacy has shut til 3.30 so they can catch up. I would offer to help with dispensing but my qualifications are a long time out of date and I may get in the way being slow.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 02:16 PM

My daughter gets her thyroxine from Pharmacy2 you, I think it's called they send it automatically. Try them if you can.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 02:22 PM

You can try to buy online with an online consult. They can deliver the next day.

https://www.ukmeds.co.uk/levothyroxine
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
My daughter gets her thyroxine from Pharmacy2 you, I think it's called they send it automatically. Try them if you can.
They'd still need the GP to send them a prescription as proof before they will send any out.

I have bought online from other countries direct as not all countries need a prescription for it, so I have an emergency supply. The one's your GP prescribes probably come from abroad anyway!

What brand are yours?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top