Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 09:43 PM

Medicine Hoarding

A drawer I keep my medicines in was chockablock and I decided tonight to have a spring drawer clean. I can't believe how many medicines I've been hoarding, it's ridiculous.

I had 9 unopened boxes of paracetamol and loads of loose strips of paracetamol, Anadin, tons of different creams, tons of old tablets that I haven't taken that I had prescribed over the years, enough plasters to cover my whole body, and loads of miscellaneous meds.

I've cleared it all out and I am taking all the surplus tablets and medicines to the chemist tomorrow for them to dispose of them for me.

I was quite shocked at how much I had in there.

I sorted it out neat and tidy now.

Do you have an overflowing med drawer or cupboard like me? Or do you have them organised?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 09:49 PM

Re: Medicine Hoarding

No wonder the NHS is in such a state.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

Do you have an overflowing med drawer or cupboard like me? Or do you have them organised?
Mine are organised!
I have two lots of prescribed meds. One is by my bed to take in the night, the other in the kitchen to take morning and evening.
In a kitchen drawer is a large Quality Street container full of vitamin pills that I take every morning, a couple of paracetamol packets for when I get sinusitis and that's it!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
No wonder the NHS is in such a state.
I know, I'm sorry, I'm disgusted with myself,
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 06:16 AM

Hi

Both Guy and myself are oranised with our Meds.

We are both trained first aiders and Guy has a current combat medical certificate.

We both have big first aid kits.

We are fortunate in that respect.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 08:49 AM

I had a clear out before Xmas, nearly half a carrier bag full! Over the counter stuff mostly.

When I was first dispensing, chemists could use returned tablets if they were ok. There's a lot of waste now.
I think people just present their 'script re-order slips without thinking if they really need everything.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 08:56 AM

I only have the usual stuff paracetamol rennies plasters that sort of thing....I can't remember the last time I went to the docs and was prescribed any medications....hubby on the other hand has a draw full of prescribed stuff...he is very organised though so I'm not allowed access.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 11:01 AM

Mr Mags and I have separate plastic clip-on boxes each where we keep our separate meds so we don’t get confused. He takes 6 different tablets a day plus special eyedrops and I take 2 different tablets a day. Any otc tablets are kept in a drawer separately with bottles of cough mixture, TCP and a big First Aid kit.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top