Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 03:34 PM

Re: Green Flag

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Re phones and Apps ...

I got a text from our GP practice the other day with a link to https://www.dr-iq.com the new way to book appointments. It doesn't work with a home computer just a smartphone.

+1

Grrrrr
My surgery is not listed.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Been with Green Flag for years and only used them twice, but each time their service was excellent.
Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't have a smartphone so an app would be no good to me, why is it assumed everyone has a smartphone
Originally Posted by Mags ->
We have been with Green Flag for many years and used them twice. Both times prompt, excellent service.

We don’t have smart phones either but I hope they would realise that not everyone has one.
We've been with Green Flag for 23 years, used them twice in that time, and received excellent service from them. We have a bog standard mobile with no bells, whistles, or smartness about it. I wonder how we will cope if we need to call Green Flag out again in the future.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by meg ->
i don't have a smartphone so an app would be no good to me, why is it assumed everyone has a smartphone
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 12:14 PM

I hate the way they assume everyone has access to, and understands how to use a computer, it's pathetic, it's the same as the call centres in India, I used to work for a large uk company, on the tech side. When we had issues ourselves at home some years later we rang their call centre in India only to be fed a load of bs by people who clearly had no idea of how to handle the properly. These days I try to only deal with firms who use UK based call centres.
As for Green Flag, I wouldn't touch them, my brothers car broke down in wales (clutch problem) they wouldn't tow him home although he was supposed to have relay cover, instead they took him to a local garage who replaced the clutch at a ridiculous price. If they'd have brought him home it would have been replaced by me as I maintain all the family vehicles. He got the car back and drove home, halfway back he started having more problems and limped it home, he took it to my house and we got it on a ramp, most of the bolts holding the engine to the gearbox were missing. he rang the garage, they told him to bring it back for repair, he rang GF and told them, they refused to take the car back for him, even though the repair had been done an one of their 'approved garages'.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top