Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 09:22 PM

Re: Landscaping my garden

Originally Posted by Mags ->
[/B]

I have an amazing picture in my mind
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Good point about the artificial grass - I'll have to make enquiries about that. The stone circle is also good, but if I leave the grass, that's effectively increasing the work as I'd have to mow around the circle! The other point is that piece of grass gets the last rays of sunshine in the summer evenings - I often move my patio chair down there to get the rays!
Not really have a circle that is squared off ie slabs that match the circle. try googling squaring off stone circle or looking up on Homebase or similar site. then take out with how far you need i.e. removing all grass
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 05:07 PM

The small part of the garden is now cut to size but needs a few more plants. I also had a visit from a lovely woodpecker who often appears - he probably lives in the nature reserve which the garden backs onto.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200411_075940775_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	12239  
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 05:19 PM

If I may make a small suggestion.
If I were you I would first work out a budget you intend to spend before thinking of any garden designing.
All too easy to overspend having gone half way in any alterations
Lindyloo
isle of wight

12-04-2020, 06:37 PM

Me overspend? No No!! As for a budget......I have far more important things to spend money on, so this is a "what can I do for the least amount spent" project. Trying obviously to make as good a job of the project as possible.

With a decent budget - I could have all new paving, patio, drive etc etc........... but I prefer to spend on other projects ........ me!! One life.......live it!!

Edit - there should be two more photos - similar to the ones pre-project!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 07:14 PM

My garden is small and oblong its mainly lawn which is akin to a bumpy field but I don’t want to dig it up too much work I want to build a feature well but don’t know where to put it . I have too much gardening junk everything is a mess , I need ideas .

Was going to post some pics but it looks to awful .
Lindyloo
isle of wight

12-04-2020, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
My garden is small and oblong its mainly lawn which is akin to a bumpy field but I don’t want to dig it up too much work I want to build a feature well but don’t know where to put it . I have too much gardening junk everything is a mess , I need ideas .

Was going to post some pics but it looks to awful .
I think an oblong garden gives far more possibilities than my square garden. Such as...........imagine a path from one end to the other.......curving around with various features and planting ........ seating in shady areas...........and seating in sunshine. Lots of possibilities there.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

01-05-2020, 06:45 AM

Garden project almost finished. Still looking for a Cornus Alba - hole dug ready for planting and need another three bags of gravel/pebbles - hopefully in stock from this afternoon.

The labouring man I'd arranged, disappeared. Rather than sit around idle, I've done the whole job myself. Fortunately I back onto a nature reserve and the turf I've taken up has created a pile almost as high as I am.........and that will create a barrier for anyone intending to venture into my garden and a good source of compost in years to come.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200428_125449021.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	12445  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 06:49 AM

Well done Lindy !
I have got no further I need a patio put down and had selected some pavers but found the actual ones I wanted cost £2000 pounds - that’s before the labour costs . They were called weathered forest and the builders suppliers had quoted for forest ( half the price )
Lindyloo
isle of wight

01-05-2020, 06:56 AM

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top