Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 12:59 AM

Re: March jobs in the garden

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Hi Mups. No I don't disturb them unless they didn't perform well last year. I Mulch them over the winter and then in the following spring I remove the few inches of soil and mulch and recover with fresh compost. I don't go down deep enough to find the tuber. P.S. Some delivery drivers are not inclined to do much in the way of being helpful lately thanks to CVirus. Take care not to hurt yourself!!

Thank you EZ.

Don't worry, I asked when I phoned the order through whether the driver would carry the bags round to the back garden for me and they said he will put them wherever I want.

Mind you, since Boris's announcement tonight, I am wondering if the garden centre will be allowed to open even?
I'd best give them a ring tomorrow and find out I think.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 12:10 PM

Did your order come? hope it did.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
Did your order come? hope it did.

Hello Kazz, No, it bloomin' didn't come!
I was really cross. Not just that it didn' arrive, but that they hadn't let me know they couldn't come.

I phoned several times but it was just a recorded message saying they'd had to close last Monday.
However, it did say on their website that their emails would be checked periodically so I emailed them instead.

I got a reply late that evening saying they were honouring previoius orders but not taking any new ones now.
Mine was a previous order, and the money had gone from my bank, yet it still didn't come!

These people are usually so good so I was surprised as well as annoyed. I said if it was not going to be for weeks, it would be useless and I would prefer a refund.

They then promised to deliver either yesterday (didn't come), or else Monday (tomorrow). So we'll see.
It is 10 bags of different sorts of compost, plus some grit and sand.
Fingers crossed they come tomorrow else I shall give 'em what-for.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 04:18 PM

Firstly remove snow.......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-03-2020, 04:37 PM

Sorted all my seeds out last night. Some really do need to be in now but it is so cold today I don't feel like going outside to wash pots and seed trays.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 06:26 PM

Well I have sorted two raised bed out and plan on setting them up with DIY cloches to warm the soil up then plant.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 10:19 PM

Although I trimmed my roses back a bit last year, I have neglected to prune a couple of them. I would like to hard prune them so they don't get so tall this year but they are already leafing up. Is it too late?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 10:24 PM

My garden has never looked so tidy
Early potatoes planted,
Garlic and leeks fed,
Perpetual lettuce seeds planted,
Land cress seeds not planted, the seeds were ordered from Sarah Raven and there is a 3 week delivery and no more seed orders will be taken now.

I am glad I ordered the runner beans in January before the rush started.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My garden has never looked so tidy
Early potatoes planted,
Garlic and leeks fed,
Perpetual lettuce seeds planted,
Land cress seeds not planted, the seeds were ordered from Sarah Raven and there is a 3 week delivery and no more seed orders will be taken now.

I am glad I ordered the runner beans in January before the rush started.
You just reminded me that I have some runner bean seeds from last year. Some bought and some from pods. I might try those.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-03-2020, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Although I trimmed my roses back a bit last year, I have neglected to prune a couple of them. I would like to hard prune them so they don't get so tall this year but they are already leafing up. Is it too late?

No, I only did some of mine a couple of weeks back, but you'd best get your finger out as I wouldn't leave it past end of March really.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top