Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 12:22 AM

Thinking you have coronavirus...

When you don't.

Anyone else developing paranoia that you have a fever or a sore throat, does an incidental tickly cough trigger an anxiety episode?

Or is it just me checking checking my temperature, thinking it's a fever and finding out on google that it's totally normal?

Must be some others in the world losing marbles at the moment.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 12:25 AM

Re: Thinking you have coronavirus...

Annie, I have had a sore throat on and off for about a fortnight now.
I admit I took my temperature on one occasion, but it was perfectly normal thank goodness.
I just wish this darn throat would stop playing up.

I'm sure we're alright though, else we'd have known by now.
Try not to worry.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 12:44 AM

Thanks Mups that must have been a worry for you but there is a throat bug doing the rounds too.

I am trying not to worry but doesn't your mind go haywire with this lockdown and all the information telling you what a lottery it is.

I've had acid reflux in the past which used to give me a chronic cough and I still get some irritation sometimes. So it is really hard to tell, is it just a bit of that or is it the real thing.

The symptoms when they come with the serious version are severe. Very painful headache, fever, rasping cough and breathlessness. In the account I heard. the headache was blinding in his case.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Thanks Mups that must have been a worry for you but there is a throat bug doing the rounds too.

I am trying not to worry but doesn't your mind go haywire with this lockdown and all the information telling you what a lottery it is.

I've had acid reflux in the past which used to give me a chronic cough and I still get some irritation sometimes. So it is really hard to tell, is it just a bit of that or is it the real thing.

The symptoms when they come with the serious version are severe. Very painful headache, fever, rasping cough and breathlessness. In the account I heard. the headache was blinding in his case.
I have that & I cough a lot too, but I also smoke & I have been smoking more lately, being indoors a lot etc.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 01:31 AM

I must say I think about it every time I get a crumb stuck in my throat .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 06:43 AM

No - I am not even thinking about it. I am obeying the safety guidelines but, apart from that, I am living as normal as a life as possible.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 08:38 AM

Thank goodness it's not just me Annie...I had a high temperature for just a day about two weeks ago and ever since I have taken my temperature everyday. It's got so I'm scared not to take it....funny really because even if it's high what can we do? It's not possible to double self isolate.

On the whole I'm just getting on with it ... but I do this test every day too ....breath in deeply and hold your breath for 10 seconds....if you can do that without the urge to cough it's likely you do not have the virus. ...so I'm told anyway

You are all holding your breath now aren't you
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 08:51 AM

About 12 days ago I started sneezing then the sore throat then after 3 days the throat cleared . Then wham a head cold hit me . 7 more days I isolated as family kept saying are you sure it's not etcetc . I knew it wasn't as I wasn't poorly enough. Its cleared now and I was lucky.

But I'd like to add that my daughter and some friends keep saying that they had Corona virus at Christmas. Daughter had dreadful cough and chest and temperature she isolated herself 3 days from the children in her bedroom and bathroom. She kept saying it felt like a hand was pushing on her chest and found breathing difficult. Did anyone else experience this around November December time . Very odd

Edited to add . The 3 days isolation was to protect the girls but it took 3 weeks to feel better and still her chest is delicate . Hubby got it but not as bad . The girls escaped it
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 09:10 AM

I was poorly at Christmas too very similar to your daughter...makes you wonder doesn't it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
About 12 days ago I started sneezing then the sore throat then after 3 days the throat cleared . Then wham a head cold hit me . 7 more days I isolated as family kept saying are you sure it's not etcetc . I knew it wasn't as I wasn't poorly enough. Its cleared now and I was lucky.

But I'd like to add that my daughter and some friends keep saying that they had Corona virus at Christmas. Daughter had dreadful cough and chest and temperature she isolated herself 3 days from the children in her bedroom and bathroom. She kept saying it felt like a hand was pushing on her chest and found breathing difficult. Did anyone else experience this around November December time . Very odd

Edited to add . The 3 days isolation was to protect the girls but it took 3 weeks to feel better and still her chest is delicate . Hubby got it but not as bad . The girls escaped it
Yes, both Daughter & I had a similar bug, there was one going around at the time, end November/begining of December, several people we knew had it, but it only lasted a couple of weeks, though in my case the cough hung on. I don't think it was THE virus, just another doing the rounds & unless we can get tested to see if we had THE virus we will never know.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top