Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 11:47 PM

Re: Thinking you have coronavirus...

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I suspect it is very likely that a number of people have had the virus, but only had mild symptoms. If they had it, they are now immune.
Not entirely, Bakerman, you can be reinfected.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I suspect it is very likely that a number of people have had the virus, but only had mild symptoms. If they had it, they are now immune.
They don't fully understand this virus Bakerman. I said a few weeks ago that there were no experts. Some disagreed. But it's a fact that there are no experts - yet.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They don't fully understand this virus Bakerman. I said a few weeks ago that there were no experts. Some disagreed. But it's a fact that there are no experts - yet.

I agree Annie.
Inf act they were talking about this just now on the tele, and saying they don't know yet whether this will be a one off or an annual disease like the Flu.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree Annie.
Inf act they were talking about this just now on the tele, and saying they don't know yet whether this will be a one off or an annual disease like the Flu.
It's like going back to the olden days for now. We will work it out but right now anyone could be at risk. I'm just hoping our planning means we avoid some of the horrors we have seen in other countries.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 04:25 AM

Hi

Herd Immunity is not a Theory, it is a fact of life.

It is how the Human Race has survived.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 05:44 PM

Covid-19 Symptom Tracker
This sounds a good idea for anyone who thinks they might have symptoms/ https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/co...103605873.html
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

26-03-2020, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Herd Immunity is not a Theory, it is a fact of life.

It is how the Human Race has survived.
Herd immunity only exists when there is either an effective vaccination programme or when there is low or very slow mutation of a virus and it's a disease where the majority of the population survives or where they have an effective treatment.

For example you wouldn't apply herd immunity programmes with the bubonic plague. They do it with chicken pox in the UK as it's a relatively mild illness in childhood. They don't do it with measles because of the high risk of terrible complications for some who contract it.

For Covid too many people contracting it are dying and the deaths are preceded by very distressing suffering.

With a deadly disease you try your best not to contract it by maintaining social distancing and keeping the rest of the population safe. This has been the case throughout history e.g. leper colonies, Eyam etc.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 09:14 PM

This man thinks he had it as early as January https://uk.news.yahoo.com/uk-patient...184453808.html
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Tree pollen isn't helping, I'm struggling with hay fever.
I also get hay fever from tree pollen Tess. Then it goes and I get it again in August.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 10:36 PM

Last week I had a sickness bug and spent most of the day asleep. Normally, it wouldn't worry me too much but the old Corona question did cross my mind.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top