Join for free
Page 9 of 16 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 12:11 PM

Re: Policing in the 1970’s

Originally Posted by sparky ->
Sorry, I should have explained that, a dummy, or training weapon, or any other weapon not capable of firing a projectile has, for a number of years been coloured red, starting pistols are a classic example.
However a lot of people who carry guns now have taken to painting them red, the reason being that if they come into contact with armed officers they are not likely to fire as they will believe it is not a 'real' weapon.
Thankfully, they've caught on to this now and treat all firearms as a potential threat.
Good. Shoot the buggers dead. They won't do it again.
Marky34
Surrey
Marky34 is male  Marky34 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 07:30 PM

This was told to me and made me laugh.

At the 1981 Royal Wedding, a Pc was in The Mall when a guardsman lining the route beckoned him over by way of facial expression. That wasn’t entirely unheard of as occasionally the guardsmen needed assistance in having something done for them they couldn’t do themselves. For example, they might ask for a bootlace to be done up or something like that.

So the Pc goes over and the guardsman says to him, “Take my place!” Then does a stamp to attention, an about-turn, and marches off.

The bemused Pc stands there for about 15 minutes, getting concerned about neglecting his own duties, when suddenly and to his relief, he sees the guardsman marching back towards him. He arrived back at the spot, stamped to attention, shoving the Pc aside in the process. The Pc stood for a second, awaiting someone sort of explanation or acknowledgement.

The guardsman stared ahead of him without glancing at the Pc and just out of the side of his mouth, uttered.

“Now p*** off!”

And that was it! lol
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Marky34 ->

At the 1981 Royal Wedding, a Pc was in The Mall when a guardsman lining the route beckoned him over by way of facial expression. That wasn’t entirely unheard of as occasionally the guardsmen needed assistance in having something done for them they couldn’t do themselves. For example, they might ask for a bootlace to be done up or something like that.

So the Pc goes over and the guardsman says to him, “Take my place!” Then does a stamp to attention, an about-turn, and marches off.

The bemused Pc stands there for about 15 minutes, getting concerned about neglecting his own duties, when suddenly and to his relief, he sees the guardsman marching back towards him. He arrived back at the spot, stamped to attention, shoving the Pc aside in the process. The Pc stood for a second, awaiting someone sort of explanation or acknowledgement.

The guardsman stared ahead of him without glancing at the Pc and just out of the side of his mouth, uttered.

“Now p*** off!”

And that was it! lol
When word got round I'm sure he wouldn't be able to trot off for a pee again in that way. He'd have to wet his pants and be torn off a strip for being incorrectly dressed.
Marky34
Surrey
Marky34 is male  Marky34 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
When word got round I'm sure he wouldn't be able to trot off for a pee again in that way. He'd have to wet his pants and be torn off a strip for being incorrectly dressed.
Why incorrectly dressed?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-03-2020, 08:18 PM

Why incorrectly dressed?
Wearing an obviously wet groin area.
Marky34
Surrey

29-03-2020, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Wearing an obviously wet groin area.
Oh, lol. Sorry!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 09:14 PM

“Now p*** off!”

And that was it! lol
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 10:02 AM

I watch programmes about policing in UK now and the abuse and disrespect is shocking, even though the criminal is being treated decently the attitude is appaling . I wonder if it was the same back then and the surge in hatred for the force from criminals . How on earth the police dont lose it and supress the feelings they must have when spat on and such foul language .

I am so glad my kids didnt want to be in the force . Both are respectful as were brought up knowing the police are there to help us

Anyways im loving the stories . Thankyou
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 10:54 AM

I do security for a large grain store owned by a friend, I installed all the cctv and alarms etc, it's a massive system and can be watched from anywhere in the world, we've got 38 camera's in total, but on the perimeter we have some that can read a number plate at a quarter of a mile distant, they really are high end. I also attend with my GP dog if there is an incident at night.
we've had a couple of incidents in the lane outside where I've been called upon by the local force to see if there's anything usefull on our cctv system. one recently was a high profile case that was in the national press, but that's as far as I'll go on it.
One Saturday I was called in, I wouldn't mind but I'd only gone off site an hour earlier, I arrived to find one of the biggest scenes ever, two helicopters parked on the field, the lane shut at both ends, and near enough ever police car they could drag in, fortunately it had a reasonably happy ending, here's a photo from the dashcam in my Volvo as I arrived on scene.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150131_152900[1] (2).jpg
Views:	51
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	12069  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

30-03-2020, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I watch programmes about policing in UK now and the abuse and disrespect is shocking, even though the criminal is being treated decently the attitude is appaling . I wonder if it was the same back then and the surge in hatred for the force from criminals . How on earth the police dont lose it and supress the feelings they must have when spat on and such foul language .
Blame the do-gooders.

I feel sorry for the police. Everything seems stacked against them (and us, the law-abiding).

They are prohibited from doing many things they could do in the past, such as using a baton to defend themselves and giving aggressive criminals a clout. Instead, they have to speak politely and ask nicely!

Then, of course, they seem to receive little or no support from the courts, who prefer to let off criminals with nothing more than a verbal warning.

Britain, the crime capital of Europe.

Page 9 of 16 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top