Join for free
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 05:21 PM

tomorrow is groundhog day!

Now before anyone says it, yes I know it's actually feb 2nd, but with this lockdown every day is going to seem like groundhog day, I've loads I could be doing at home, if only, e.g I'd fix that if I had a piece of timber, I'd paint that, if I had some red paint, etc, etc. I think I'll just stay in bed tomorrow, 'cause there's bugger all on telly.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 05:23 PM

Re: tomorrow is groundhog day!

Tomorrow & probably the next many tomorrows, Sparky.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 06:33 PM

I've been out for a good walk by myself today because I'm gaining weight because of sitting around .

I did mow the lawn on Sunday and painted a fence panel and apart from housework which doesn't need doing I'm wandering aimlessly around and up and down the stairs between reading books and watching telly

Oh yep and nattering on the phone
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 06:59 PM

I have this theory, the longer I sleep the more likely it is that I'll wake up and find I've had a bad dream!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I have this theory, the longer I sleep the more likely it is that I'll wake up and find I've had a bad dream!
Good thinking!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Good thinking!
Very good thinking! I don't get up early either.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by sparky ->
Now before anyone says it, yes I know it's actually feb 2nd, but with this lockdown every day is going to seem like groundhog day, I've loads I could be doing at home, if only, e.g I'd fix that if I had a piece of timber, I'd paint that, if I had some red paint, etc, etc. I think I'll just stay in bed tomorrow, 'cause there's bugger all on telly.
You can't get out of it that easily sparky. Some DIY shops (around here at least) are taking orders by phone and delivering for free locally. The only trouble is, they are too busy to answer the phone.

Phew!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 10:02 PM

If you get bored of telly, look for TV shows on Youtube, there are loads of full length TV series on there, just search for them.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
If you get bored of telly, look for TV shows on Youtube, there are loads of full length TV series on there, just search for them.
I like watching the old documentaries on YT, there's some good ones made about companies near me, 'stranded in prescot' tells the history of BICC, the cable maker, very interesting, another couple are about Pilkingtons glass, I have a few family connections with the firm. Go on YT and search for' pilkingtons glass hammer' ,yes the legendary glass hammer does exist, it was produced, and used to demonstrate how tough their glass was.
As you say, there's some really good stuff on YT .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top