Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:57 AM

Re: When will it end ?

I feel depressed about the situation since researching/reading about the way the virus can be transmitted. It can be droplets in the air we breathe from those already infected (but maybe don't know it). It's getting breezy outside too. What good is 2 metres distance then? Even if we don't breathe those droplets, I suppose they can settle on clothing, skin etc.

The virus can likely survive on soft surfaces for hours and hard surfaces for days. Touch any of those without them being disinfected and the process continues. How do we stand a chance against all that if we don't have immunity? I think a vaccine is about the only thing that will stop us becoming ill with the virus.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I worry for kids in small spaces with abusive parents.... all we can hope for is we are doing the right thing and that a test is available quickly to identify those who have had it and are now immune. At least then we might get back to some normality
Do you think that we can be reasonably sure that people who have had C-19 will be immune ?

A year is going to be along time while waiting for C-19 to grab me. Going outside, even only once/week, for groceries, it is just a matter of time before someone breathes on me.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:53 AM

Yes it'll end..... some predict a lot sooner than later too.

Micheal Levitt has been spot so far, he is also of the same opinion.

Warmer weather with humidity, yes no one is sure what the effect will be, but many are now believeing it will at very least slow it down.

China 3 months and life is returning back normal.... no new cases.

South Korea 3 months and just a little behind China now

Other Counties slowing down.

Vaccine trials already at human testing stage.

Recently read about Aids in the 1980's, mass hysteria, the threat of millions dying just here in the UK....... Politicians of then, admitted they had to frighten/scare the public even with untrue exaggeration, to get society to follow the then guidelines.

Things will get better, each week there is more and more good news coming out......Some have suggested April 5 is when the virus will peak in the UK
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I feel depressed about the situation since researching/reading about the way the virus can be transmitted. It can be droplets in the air we breathe from those already infected (but maybe don't know it). It's getting breezy outside too. What good is 2 metres distance then? Even if we don't breathe those droplets, I suppose they can settle on clothing, skin etc.

The virus can likely survive on soft surfaces for hours and hard surfaces for days. Touch any of those without them being disinfected and the process continues. How do we stand a chance against all that if we don't have immunity? I think a vaccine is about the only thing that will stop us becoming ill with the virus.
... and I don't know how mutation fits the equation. For how long will a jab offer immunity, plus will those who have had the virus and recovered, be immune this time next year?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
Yes it'll end..... some predict a lot sooner than later too.

Micheal Levitt has been spot so far, he is also of the same opinion.

Warmer weather with humidity, yes no one is sure what the effect will be, but many are now believeing it will at very least slow it down.

China 3 months and life is returning back normal.... no new cases.

South Korea 3 months and just a little behind China now

Other Counties slowing down.

Vaccine trials already at human testing stage.

Recently read about Aids in the 1980's, mass hysteria, the threat of millions dying just here in the UK....... Politicians of then, admitted they had to frighten/scare the public even with untrue exaggeration, to get society to follow the then guidelines.

Things will get better, each week there is more and more good news coming out......Some have suggested April 5 is when the virus will peak in the UK
A scientist on the tele tried to explain how it peaks then comes back in waves.

I'm wondering what this means for the future of foreign travel/holidays. On a selfish note: will I have anymore trips abroad?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I hope things improve before the midiwives get busy!
Remember 9 months after the power cuts?
All this staying in and getting bored
Yes, they reckon it's the same couple of blokes who are doing it.

Must check if there any vacancies!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top