Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:07 AM

Law of the jungle

The corona virus has shown up everyone’s true colours.
In the end the laws of the jungle will out

Who is important and who is surplus to requirements.

Greed .
It’s everyman for himself from pasta to toilet rolls .
This panic buying is absolute disgusting .

Blaming others.

The loathing of tube users in London by judgemental people is appalling no one goes on a tube unless they have too.

Surplus to requirement

The old ( that’s us folks)
We are old and a burden to society we have had our run)

The soft targets
Walking your dog on a remote area is not a matter for the police who as always prefer to hit soft targets.

( unless you are royal of course and walking around Balmoral )

The vulnerable
They are goners

In short the law of the jungle will out .

Survival of the fittest or richest .
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:14 AM

Re: Law of the jungle

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The corona virus has shown up everyone’s true colours.
In the end the laws of the jungle will out

Who is important and who is surplus to requirements.

Greed .
It’s everyman for himself from pasta to toilet rolls .
This panic buying is absolute disgusting .

Blaming others.

The loathing of tube users in London by judgemental people is appalling no one goes on a tube unless they have too.

Surplus to requirement

The old ( that’s us folks)
We are old and a burden to society we have had our run)

The soft targets
Walking your dog on a remote area is not a matter for the police who as always prefer to hit soft targets.

( unless you are royal of course and walking around Balmoral )

The vulnerable
They are goners

In short the law of the jungle will out .

Survival of the fittest or richest .
The closer to the big picture you get the more truth there is in all that. I don't disagree with any of it but here at least some of the rich and stupid are being outed for their selfish behaviour in the press and on social media.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:16 AM

Two good posts! I agree with both!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:20 AM

Gosh Muddy I hope that isn't the case.... I'm trying to focus on the positive everyone pulling together ... there will always be those who only think of themselves the I'm alright Jack types but I've only seen folks doing their best to be honest....have to admit I agree with you about panic buying and I hope we are over that now.

Maybe I look at the world through rose tinted glasses.... if I do its how I cope.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:27 AM

Hi

I am not the richest or the fittest.

I am determined to survive this.

The drug dealer next door is young and fit.

His chances of getting it are much higher than mine.

He is infecting himself and others of his ilk.

Good Riddance.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:32 AM

I don't altogether agree Muddy there is also friendship and co operation.

After 3 weeks of self-imposed isolation and no food deliveries, I managed to secure 2 online food deliveries for next week by getting up at 3am .
Although we are only supposed to have 1, it has enabled me to go around our little group of houses where 3 other elderly Widows with health issues (one with Coeliac disease) live and get orders for them too on restricted fresh goods . They can reciprocate another week
We all have well stocked food cupboards and cook from scratch but have missed fresh fruit and vegetables and those few we have managed to barter from outside sources we have shared.

We have been neighbours for over 35 years and our children grew up together, we have never been real 'friends' going in and out of each other's houses more friendly acquaintances but we are looking out for each other now
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:32 AM

Although I'm reading and hearing of selfish me me me people I'm also seeing so much good . When I walk people smile and say hello . I've had and made so many phone calls to friends and they to me and we have chatted and laughed . There are hundreds of volunteers offering support . But yes muddy to a certain extent you are right the rich and selfish will survive better than us but in the end we all die somehow . Law of the jungle as you say . Survival of the fittest .

I care that my family and friends stay safe I've had my life . I once was young and strong like us all .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:48 AM

Hi

It all depends on where you live.

So much good things going on in some areas.

So many pig ignorant gits in other places

A sign locally.

Posted on the gate,

My Mum lives here.

Coronavirus kills.

If you are not a family member or a postie or the NHS or Police and come past this gate you will die.

Says it all really.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:52 AM

Says a lot about the author that’s for sure .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It all depends on where you live.
goodness Swimmy
We are miles from anywhere in our little hamlet and the fact we have all been here for over 35 years in this peaceful little retreat in the fields is testament to the fact we are hardy country folk and take care of our own in times of trouble.

My neighbour was given 6 leeks and a bunch of purple sprouting from her elderly brother with an allotment who lives in another village, she could easily have used it herself but shared it equally between the 3 of us most in need, that little bag of vegetables moved me to tears ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top