Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 04:15 PM

Re: Are you wearing a face mask and if so why?

Where do they sell Face Masks? I can't say I'ver ever seen them in shops
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 04:44 PM

The pharmacy we use had some for sale the other day. Here's a link to a mistaken social media storm because some idiot saw the price as a rip-off:

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news...k-cost/?ref=ar
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I wore one when I came through Hong Kong airport . They are quite irritating make you touch your face even more.
The cheaper ones can be irritating...the more you pay the better the fit....if you can find any at all out there.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 06:13 PM

I was lucky to buy a pack of 10 from a pharmacy in Australia .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Where do they sell Face Masks? I can't say I'ver ever seen them in shops
Normally anywhere pharmacies or DIY shops .
Even builders merchants .
Since the corona virus epidemic there is a world wide demand and therefore shortage .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Yes it is called skin...

...why, it prevents the rest of my face falling out
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hah. Very true Meg.

Thing is, wearing a face mask is not going to protect you from picking up bacteria from supermarket trolleys is it!

Same with all the till cashiers wearing gloves.
Unless they change them between every customer, it is no different to having dirty hands.

You can still touch your face with gloves on and you won't be protected!
That is very true Mups but I think the gloves are to protect the cashiers, not the customers. they have now introduced hand cleaning and basket/trolley wipes and have are also limiting the amount iof people going in at any one time.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 09:59 PM

i tried wearing one at work this morning but I got so bloody hot, i thought I might die of exhaustion.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:07 PM

The queue outside Sainsburys extends the length of the car park all spaced at 2 mtrs apart which is good. Once inside the doors everyone is packed together like sardines all jostling for position. My mask goes on just outside the door as I enter and stays on until i'm outside. I shop there once a week. That is the only time I leave the house except for dog walking which is 6.30am. when I never see another person.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:12 PM

Woolworths has announced that they are going to put up perspex screens to protect their checkout staff from the virus.

I don't wear a mask and in fact don't have any though I might keep an eye out for some.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top