Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 06:46 PM

A positive thing in your day

Todays positive:

I usually take daddy shopping on saturday mornings and he always has a fish from fish shop, its his weekly treat. As he's isolating i am shopping for his needs and i felt really sorry he couldn't have a fish as they are closed. I came home, fried a fish in batter wrapped it in greaseproof and newspaper.

I took his shopping in and gave him the fish wrapped in newspaper.

Daddy: "ooo was it open"
Me: yeah, Beverleys Fish Shop was open.

He burst out laughing and was absolutely delighted.

Apparently it was the best fish he'd ever tasted, cooked to perfection, batter crispy and not greasy. He couldn't stop talking about it.

I made his day he said, little does he know how that made my day, the fact he was so happy. I wish i could bottle the look on his face, precious moment.

You see, sometimes its the simple things in life.

Keep positive

Enjoy the rest from the hustle and bustle of life.

What is the positive of your day today during these scary times
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 06:51 PM

Re: A positive thing in your day

A lovely gesture for your dad, LQ.

For her session of fresh air and exercise, my son brought my granddaughter round on her scooter. They remained on the pavement outside whilst we stood just outside our door, some 20 feet away. We had a lovely chat and virtual hugs were given. It fairly brightened our day!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
A lovely gesture for your dad, LQ.

For her session of fresh air and exercise, my son brought my granddaughter round on her scooter. They remained on the pavement outside whilst we stood just outside our door, some 20 feet away. We had a lovely chat and virtual hugs were given. It fairly brightened our day!
Wonderful. Its so hard right now, no cuddles. Glad you enjoyed that time today tango x
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 07:00 PM

I know I've kept it quiet but now it's almost over I can share . I reached the big 70 today . I didnt intend celebrating anyway and I am fine about being on lockdown. But I've had so many visitors ( virtual) friends leaving gifts on the doorstep, phone calls , Facebook and messenger messages I haven't been alone for most of the day. I even had a gift wrapped toilet roll .

So I've had a lovely day
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I even had a gift wrapped toilet roll.
Don't use it all at once

Congratulations Susan
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

28-03-2020, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I know I've kept it quiet but now it's almost over I can share . I reached the big 70 today . I didnt intend celebrating anyway and I am fine about being on lockdown. But I've had so many visitors ( virtual) friends leaving gifts on the doorstep, phone calls , Facebook and messenger messages I haven't been alone for most of the day. I even had a gift wrapped toilet roll .

So I've had a lovely day
Oh Happy birthday Susan. Big virtual virus free hugs from me xxxxx
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 07:58 PM

Happy birthday Susan!

I had a gift of some much needed cat food from my daughter's Mother-in-law.
Her cat sadly got killed a few days ago, very kind of her to think of me in what is a sad and stressful time for her.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 07:59 PM

Tessa . People are kind. How sad yet how beautiful to give you that gift .x

LQ thankyou x
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 08:02 PM

Hi LQ what a lovely gesture going to that trouble for your Dad .
At times like this, we oldies really appreciate little kindnesses...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 08:10 PM

And from me Susan.... Im so glad in spite of the present situation you have had a good day.... virtual hugs from me too x

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top