Join for free
Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 10:11 PM

Re: Eurovision song Contest 2019

It's a catchy tune, The Artful Dodger. I don't like ours. I wanted another to get it, can't remember which one now so I guess none were remarkable.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 10:16 PM

I've not heard any of the entrants other than the Irish and that was on here.

My hope is that there's no chattering takes place.

Chattering from AK47's that is.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 10:35 PM

I think we should be grateful they can't give minus scores this year but I'm hopeful that we won't be allowed to enter again.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 06:33 AM

About 5 years ago when I first heard Australia had been accepted into Eurovision I thought it was a joke. I thought.." Yeah trust the Aussies. They've probably entered Dame Edna to stir things up" Then I realised it was not a joke. I still fell over laughing. Why in twenty seven kinds of $^@!! would Australia enter Eurovision!? I never even watched it before that. Then a couple of years ago..We came second!!??...Unbelievable. So this year I'm going to give it a go. Because our entrant is an amazing young multi- talented lady name Kate Miller-Heidke. No long story..Notwithstanding the..ah hem..costume..Just give her a look. Good luck to all.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kate-Miller-Heidke.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	9569  
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 06:49 AM

One thing that did give me a laugh is that Turkey are refusing to participate (good) because they objected to the inclusion of LGBT - no, not sandwiches this time - as contestants.

I suspect that Conchita Wurst (Wurst? That's a sausage - oh wait!) Upset them no end as they've probably got fed up with hairy women at home!

Google Conchita Wurst, "she's" quite a dish though I prefer bratwurst!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Feey ->
this is our entry from Ireland let me know what you think of it

Not a lot, Feey, sorry.

It may be the Irish entry - but - the girl looks and sounds like an american bimbo, badly bleached hair and over made up. Not nice at all.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
One thing that did give me a laugh is that Turkey are refusing to participate (good) because they objected to the inclusion of LGBT - no, not sandwiches this time - as contestants.

I
Well, that just goes to show how much it is not a song contest!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 07:33 AM

Australia's entry, definitely not my favourite song of hers but she has an amazing voice and good songs is not what Eurovision is about.

Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Australia's entry, definitely not my favourite song of hers but she has an amazing voice and good songs is not what Eurovision is about.
A technically excellent voice, very interesting song, and amazing visuals. Wouldn't be surprised if it won.
(Reminded me of Kate Bush a bit).

However, I didn't understand a single word she sang! Was it in English?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 08:43 AM

Maybe I'm and old curmudgeon, but I'm amazed that this travesty of a 'music' competition still goes on. It seems to be a showcase for the lowest common denominator in vapid pop music. Bah Humbug, Grumble Grumble........

Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top