Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2011, 10:47 PM

Re: Fingers crossed for an old lady.

What is her name?
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

25-11-2011, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
What is her name?
She is named after the constelation Cassiopeia but really it is just Cass. It's all greek to her anyway as she only answers to food and has never done any different.

She is the first dog I ever took to obedience classes and her introduction to it is seared into my memory banks. The first week she did everything asked of her and was a model pupil. Everyone was smitten with her and boy was I proud.

The next week however was a total disaster, you name it she did it and oh the ignomy, it was suggested by the trainer person that maybe Cass could benefit from another school. In short we got the DCM. ( Don't come Monday)

As I slunk away from the canine mafioso I swear she glanced at me with that "whats next ?" look on her face.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2011, 11:24 PM

What an amusing story ... I have friends on another forum doing puppy obedience training, and they can certainly veer from following instructions brilliantly to being the class idiot!. I do wonder of they're doing it deliberately......?? Fortunately, cats don't do obedience classes....... I believe that expression belongs in the Oxymoron thread..

I digress; best wishes Monday for you and Cass.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

28-11-2011, 09:31 PM

Greatly relieved to report that our Cass has come through her operation very well and is back home with us.

It has been a long day for her as she was at the vets by 8.am and we were only able to collect her at 5.pm, she is presently enjoying being cosseted.

We were worried that she might not be able to have the surgery but all the tests they did seem to indicate that she is very well indeed for her age.

I have to say they have done a superb job on the eyelid, it looks far better than I thought it would although they have had to use conventional stitches and not the dissolving ones.

Just a check up in 5 days and the stiches out in 10 if all goes well, walks are curtailed for a while so I can have a rest.

We are so happy for her, it is without doubt the best way we have of spending our xmas pressie money as she has given us so much in the past.

Undying thanks to everyone that posted on this thread, it was and is appreciated so much that my words cannot do them justice.

Thankyou all.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

28-11-2011, 09:54 PM

I'm happy to hear Cass came thru her surgery so well and is being pampered now, bless her! Thanks for the update; it's so worrying when they go ib for an op.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2011, 10:10 PM

Oh that's so good to hear, bless her. Thanks for letting us know.
Hugs to Cass xx
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2011, 10:31 PM

Oh I'm so very pleased Cass's op went well, Hammer, I was thinking of you both this morning and hoping that you would come on OFF and give us good news

It must be a huge relief to both you and your wife ..... and as you say, the best Christmas present you could wish for.

Sending gentle hugs to your special girl xxx
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2011, 10:56 PM

Great news! So pleased the op for Cass went well. Now you can all relax and enjoy
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2011, 11:06 PM

Excellent news Hammer So pleased Cass coped well with the op. It will have been a long day for you, but she's home and getting spoiled rotten I bet-she deserves it. Please give her a hug from me...
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2011, 11:15 PM

So pleased to hear that all went well with the operation Hammer and that Cass is now home with you getting lots of tlc What a relief for you and your wife

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top