Join for free
Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 03:26 PM

Re: 3.7 Million Householders Will Now Have to Pay for over 75's Television Licence!

The Daily Mail are on the case now so they might get the decision overturned, no complaints from the lefty papers though.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 07:03 PM

Re: 3.7 Million Householders Will Now Have to Pay for over 75's Television Licence!

I know someone who has never paid for a TV license. She's had letters to the house but always addressed to the occupier and she ignores them. I said what if the detector van came round, she said they never have but wouldn't let them in if they did!

Personally I couldn't live with the worry.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I know someone who has never paid for a TV license. She's had letters to the house but always addressed to the occupier and she ignores them. I said what if the detector van came round, she said they never have but wouldn't let them in if they did!

That sounds the way to go.
I wonder what the fine is for not having a Licence?
Can they put you in prison? If they did you would be able to watch TV for free. Plus 3 meals a day.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 08:18 PM

I wonder why the BBC are being such AHs

They could have quite easily reduced the amount for over 75s

Say to 50%

and still have made loads of dosh .
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
That sounds the way to go.
I wonder what the fine is for not having a Licence?
Can they put you in prison? If they did you would be able to watch TV for free. Plus 3 meals a day.

The fine is a maximum of £1000 and yes you can go to prison if you don't pay, where as you say you can watch TV for free.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 09:17 PM

That is ironic.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That is ironic.

Especially so given that many who will have to pay are effectively imprisoned in their own homes.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 09:33 PM

Is the detector van not a myth then? I recall years ago there was a rumour that they can't detect a thing, they just have a list of properties with no tv licence. You don't after all need any technology to be able to spot a TV aerial!

If the detector vans worked they would not have been hounding my friend who has no telly and used to go to the internet cafe to use the net.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 09:42 PM

Detector Vans were made obsolete by the Data, more accurate and more environmentally friendly.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 10:11 PM

Why people disclose this kind of information to others beggars belief .
I would happily report her.

Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top