Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 10:37 AM

Re: Well, l Didn’t Know That!

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Last night, my daughter’s mobile phone fell out of her pocket and into the toilet. Splash! Screech!

No worries, she wiped it and put it straight into a bowl of rice for a while and now the phone is fine.

I had never heard of doing that before. Had you?
Never ..... but I'll remember the tip .....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Oh aye,rice is very versatile..when the arthritis in My hip gets painful I have a sock filled with it which I put in the microwave for a min' or 2 then apply until pain goes
ooooo, I didn't know that one, I'll try that one on my knee next time I have a flare up.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 10:40 AM

Bratti, l just tried it and produced a weird grunt instead! It hurt my throat too!
just imagining you doing that
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Rice does have some good properties. Boiled rice can be drained and eaten. Great for stopping feelings of hunger.
Not when it's boiled in water from the toilet though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Here's another use for rice that you might not have head of. You can do this for your grandchildren. YOung kids love these and we used to make them at school all the time. It's called a rain box. Grab one of those quite strong cardboard cylinders you end up with when the tin foil or greaseproof paper is finished. Stick lots and lots (and lots) of pins through the out side surface so the sharp ends are inside the cylinder and the head is flush with the outside surface of the cylinder. YOu need to use hundreds of pins and it takes a while but persist going round and round from end to end so they stick into the cylinder in all directions. Seal end of the pipe with strong cardboard or a plastic end plug then fill the pipe about a quarter with short grain rice. Then seal the other end. When you up end the closed pipe, the rice falls through and hits the pins making a sound like rain. YOu can decorate the pipe with anything you want. Little kids love them. The rice inside will last for years before it has to be replaced. Here's a picture of one I made for my son Peter when he was little.
Brilliant idea. It would keep me amused for a while.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 10:44 AM

75% of the population take the phone to the bathroom. As a result, mobile phones carry 10 times more bacteria than most toilet seats.

Clean that phone ..... and don't use anyone else's .....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 10:49 AM

When a male bee climaxes, their testicles explode then they die.

A pigs orgasm lasts 30 minutes.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 11:41 AM

Last night, my daughter’s mobile phone fell out of her pocket and into the toilet. Splash! Screech!

No worries, she wiped it and put it straight into a bowl of rice for a while and now the phone is fine.

I had never heard of doing that before. Had you?

Or maybe you can tell me some more examples of ........
‘l didn’t know that’.
Originally Posted by May ->
Oh aye,rice is very versatile..when the arthritis in My hip gets painful I have a sock filled with it which I put in the microwave for a min' or 2 then apply until pain goes
May, That’s another.. l didn’t know that!
I wonder who dreams all these remedies up?

"Uncle Ben".
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 12:20 PM

I prefer a blob of jam in my rice pudding and a hint of nutmeg. Never really got into mobile phone flavour rice pud
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Here's another use for rice that you might not have head of. You can do this for your grandchildren. YOung kids love these and we used to make them at school all the time. It's called a rain box. Grab one of those quite strong cardboard cylinders you end up with when the tin foil or greaseproof paper is finished. Stick lots and lots (and lots) of pins through the out side surface so the sharp ends are inside the cylinder and the head is flush with the outside surface of the cylinder. YOu need to use hundreds of pins and it takes a while but persist going round and round from end to end so they stick into the cylinder in all directions. Seal end of the pipe with strong cardboard or a plastic end plug then fill the pipe about a quarter with short grain rice. Then seal the other end. When you up end the closed pipe, the rice falls through and hits the pins making a sound like rain. YOu can decorate the pipe with anything you want. Little kids love them. The rice inside will last for years before it has to be replaced. Here's a picture of one I made for my son Peter when he was little.
What a lovely idea - I may have to make one of those.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top