Join for free
Page 7 of 14 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 10:15 PM

Re: Lining Up For The Race, We Have.....

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Yeah I know what you mean.

If Rory Stewart became Prime Minister he would be the poster boy for "Where's Wally".
No! That would be "where's Boris"? as he doesn't have the manners or respect to turn up unless it's of direct advantage to him..........and the only things he says can be described as DEJA POO! (adj) The feeling of having heard this crap before!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I made the mistake of watching the last five candidates on BBC this evening.

Predictable!

Each of them doing what politicians do: assuring us of what they believe are their good points; decrying each of their opponents; lying through their teeth.

Equally predictable: the BBC interviewer interrupting those candidates she most disagrees with which, on this occasion as far as I could determine, was Boris - the only one who claims that he'll leave the EU without a deal.
And we all know that the BBC is very much in favour of remaining, as they don't want to lose their generous funding from our masters in Brussels.

I honestly just switched off after a while as there was really nothing worth listening to.
Can't help but agree with that. In fact prior to the debate starting, when I found out it was Maitlis , those very thoughts of her interrupting, was paramount.
She is probably the worst of interviewers to have hosted the programme.
None of them seemed to inspire me, maybe they did for others, but there's an underlying weakness that I can't put my finger on.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I made the mistake of watching the last five candidates on BBC this evening.

Predictable!

Each of them doing what politicians do: assuring us of what they believe are their good points; decrying each of their opponents; lying through their teeth.

Equally predictable: the BBC interviewer interrupting those candidates she most disagrees with which, on this occasion as far as I could determine, was Boris - the only one who claims that he'll leave the EU without a deal.

And we all know that the BBC is very much in favour of remaining, as they don't want to lose their generous funding from our masters in Brussels.

I honestly just switched off after a while as there was really nothing worth listening to.
JB I think these group discussions are a waste of time. The candidates display a mixture of guardedness and a fear of saying the wrong thing while at the same time repeating the same old worn out phrases we have heard a thosand times.
Competing with each other leads to them talking over one another so points are missed.

I also think it is wrong to ask questions about and announce to the EU how we intend to progress the negotiations.

I have learn more about the candidates by listening to their one to one inteviews on the Today programme.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 11:07 PM

Hi

My view is that Boris is getting the most criticism because he is simply promising the impossible.

This is all about Boris, his need to become PM.

We can leave on 31st October, with No Deal and without paying at that time.

All that is achievable.

What we cannot do is all the above with a Transition Period, a Managed No Deal and Tax Cuts.

There is an EU Summit this week, it will be interesting what the outcome of that is.

It will also be interesting to see what WTO Tariffs Boris will announce if he is PM.

The WTO works on Most Favoured Nation Status, our Tariffs will apply to all we have not signed a Free Trade Agreement with.

If he cuts Tariffs on food, footwear, clothing etc there is no need for any other Country to respond, including the EU.

This leaves us with no bargaining power in any Free Trade Agreement.

The EU will put it's own interests first, they are good at that.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 11:19 PM

Just ignore the EU and sign up our own trade deals.

Fck em
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Just ignore the EU and sign up our own trade deals.

Fck em
Hi

Yes, we must leave and make our own way.

I don't have an issue with that at all.

What I have an issue with is the illusion that we can do that immediately.

It is not in our power to do so.

We have a lot of negotiating to do with multiple Countries and no capacity to do it all at the same time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have a lot of negotiating to do with multiple Countries and no capacity to do it all at the same time.
As I understand it, as part of her legacy May has put in place restrictions on doing that for at least as long as it takes to replace her!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There isn't much the EU could do about it
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 09:16 AM

The BBC have gone down another level in my estimation, one of the questioners on the programme last night was Abdullah Patel an Imam from Bristol and a political activist. The researchers should have known this. Nicky Campbell also had the Imam on his programme and apologised for doing so ..
I would like to apologise. We had the Imam from the BBC Tory leadership debate on our programme this morning. His social media comments have been extremely disturbing. We should have checked. We didn’t. I’m sorry.
I won't post a link to social media but it is mentioned on here..
https://order-order.com/

I don't think Boris Johnson 'forgot' Abdullah name as some of the media have stated, he knew him from social media so chose not to address him .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The BBC have gone down another level in my estimation, one of the questioners on the programme last night was Abdullah Patel an Imam from Bristol and a political activist. The researchers should have known this. Nicky Campbell also had the Imam on his programme and apologised for doing so ..

I won't post a link to social media but it is mentioned on here..
https://order-order.com/

I don't think Boris Johnson 'forgot' Abdullah name as some of the media have stated, he knew him from social media so chose not to address him .
I shouldn't be surprised to hear that the BBC invited him to support their own bias.

I have no reason to object to the inclusion of various ethnic minorities in such programmes, but this person's history shows his rather offensive opinions. How he is allowed to run a school is beyond me, other than the fact that political correctness certainly holds sway in the field of education.

Page 7 of 14 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top