Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
MrsH
Hampshire, UK
MrsH is female  MrsH has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 01:31 PM

How to stop email notifications

I don't want to receive any email notification of any new posts in threads I have started or replied to. How do I ensure this? I thought I'd taken care of it by selecting the "no email notification" option but I've just had to delete a couple more. I really don't want to receive them, they clog up my Outlook Express!

Answer:

To turn this off you need to do the following:

Go into your User CP

Click on Edit Options

Scroll down and under the heading Default Thread Subscription Mode choose your preferred method of notification (which includes turning it off ).

Don't forget: If you have already replied to topics you may also need to visit your subscribed threads list: http://www.over50sforum.com/subscrip...ewsubscription and remove subscriptions from any threads that are already there

dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 01:35 PM

Re: How to stop email notifications

I had that to begin with but I chose No email notification and then logged off and back on again. It didn't seem to work without the log-off
Hope it works for you
MrsH
Hampshire, UK
MrsH is female  MrsH has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 01:41 PM

Ta DM much appreciated!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 05:19 PM

Added the answer to the first post
Nippy
South Devon
Nippy is female  Nippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 08:41 AM

It works!!!
As Azz says you have to go to subscribed threads and remove them.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2010, 06:45 PM

I've done all this, and have even marked "do not subscribe" but am STILL getting email notifications. Is there a time lag before changes take effect?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2010, 06:46 PM

oops, just read dinahsmum above so have now logged off and on again and will see what hapens.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2010, 08:33 PM

Read the bit in the first post that says 'Dont forget'

You probably need to set older threads to no-email too
Odie
Ontario, Canada
Odie is female  Odie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 12:32 AM

I switched mine to no email notifications, why do I still receive emails?
dreamer
tennessee usa
dreamer is female  dreamer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 05:11 PM

I am having the same problem with e-mails. I have tried the same procedures that have been mentioned to no avail. When I am playing games the replies go to my e-mail. I end up entering at the same time of another player. I don't mean to. Quite irritating.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top