Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 06:11 PM

Re: The Truth About . . Fitness

Stop bickering you lot!

And do the chair test. i want to know your scores!
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 09:03 AM

Regarding the weights though surely you'd build more muscle lifting an heavier weight than a light one that was so easy you barely felt it?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->
Regarding the weights though surely you'd build more muscle lifting an heavier weight than a light one that was so easy you barely felt it?
It depends why you are doing weight training Susan...
The programme Realist described was to gain and maintain fitness, but lifting heavier weights would produce larger muscles, Floydy knows more about this than I do.

The trouble with programmes like this presume that you are cycling/walking/running/weight lifting to keep fit. I've been a runner for over forty years because I love running, if my sole purpose for running was to keep fit or to lose weight I would probably have jacked it in years ago....

Great work by the way Susan, you are an inspiration to us all.....
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It depends why you are doing weight training Susan...
The programme Realist described was to gain and maintain fitness, but lifting heavier weights would produce larger muscles, Floydy knows more about this than I do.

The trouble with programmes like this presume that you are cycling/walking/running/weight lifting to keep fit. I've been a runner for over forty years because I love running, if my sole purpose for running was to keep fit or to lose weight I would probably have jacked it in years ago....

Great work by the way Susan, you are an inspiration to us all.....

Thanks! I've ordered some light leg weights to start with walking round house (with rollator) , on exercise bike and doing leg lifts (floor exercises).

I've got 4kg and 6kg kettlebells. Can do the floor routines and adapted some of the standing ones for sitting asdon't yet have balance to do them standing (I need something to hold onto to keep my balance).

I was looking at those Trionic veloped rollators (3 wheel all terrain ones) but they seem really long even the smallest size was the same length as from back of my scooter seat to front of tiller and 12kg.

I've heard a rumour the swedish company that makes them were working on a smaller ones for kids and teen/small adult so gonna hang on and see what size/weight the teen/small adult one is.

Hopefully by the time they bring it out I'll be able to make it to the grassy path over the road from me and build up from there! (it has a seat so can take a breather while dog has a sniff-a-bout!)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top