Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 04:01 AM

Waking up in the night?

Every single night lately I have woken in the middle of the night and had to go downstairs to make a tea and watch TV/go online before I can get back to bed. I don't remember a day when I slept right through and woke up refreshed.

Does anyone here sleep really well or is this just an age thing that we have to get used to after 50?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 04:22 AM

Re: Waking up in the night?

Morning Annie...I'm the same it's 3.20am and here I am wide awake...no idea why but it has become a bit of a habit with me.....I wish I had a solution but obviously I'm here so I have none that work
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 04:46 AM

Good morning Summer! Sorry you suffer with this too but so glad to have you here

Well I'm on Netflix watching Sex Education starring Gillian Anderson which is surprisingly good.

Do you ever wake with palpitations? I did tonight. So I wonder if it's down to not drinking enough water in the day? It's so frustrating to be out like a light and then waking 3-4 hours later.

I'm going to take a Kalms night and wait for it to kick in.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 04:53 AM

Hi Annie...no palpitations but sometimes what seems a small problem during the day is massive in the middle of the night...I come here occasionally to try think of other things and sometimes it works. I drink plenty of water so I don't think it's that for me...never tried Kalms but I might give them a go too
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 04:56 AM

For the last few years(10) Most of the time I wake up between 1 and 3 am

Its just a time in the day don't worry about it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

23-03-2019, 05:02 AM

Thing is I get tired during the day Galty and then I get in trouble....I dunno why my body clock is a mess
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 07:22 AM

Being woken and kept awake by pain in my hips in the early hours. Was sat here in my chair at 04.45 this morning, but that could easily have been 02.30.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 07:35 AM

I am very lucky - out like a light when my head hits the pillow - usually around midnight - sleep right through to 5:30am and wake refreshed. I also sleep very deeply - you could march a brass band through the bedroom and it would not wake me.
jubbles
New Member!
US
jubbles is female 

23-03-2019, 07:41 AM

my daughter introduced to me some youtube videos which got me sleeping through the night. am a very light sleeper and it works, helped with my insomnia!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 07:47 AM

I tune into the BBC World Service in the middle of the night if I can't sleep, and hear some really interesting stuff. Then yet another trip to the toilet and I can usually drop off again. I can't remember the last time I slept all night without waking up.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top