Join for free
Jackee
New Member!
Uk
Jackee is female 

21-04-2019, 10:45 PM

Any good places to travel alone

Best place to travel as a woman on her own I have been Egypt that’s was good but now looking for somewhere else was thinking Greece or Portugal anyone been and what was locals like towards women Egypt was a nightmare hassling women
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 08:25 AM

Re: Any good places to travel alone

Hi

Portugal is very safe, as well as being cheap.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 08:29 AM

Hi Jackee.

If you survived Egypt as a woman on your own you should be able to manage anywhere. Cyprus is a lovely Island, friendly locals and no hassle in the shops.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jackee ->
Best place to travel as a woman on her own I have been Egypt that’s was good but now looking for somewhere else was thinking Greece or Portugal anyone been and what was locals like towards women Egypt was a nightmare hassling women

Yes Jackee, I've also done the 'Nile Cruise' and have to agree, but women are not alone in being hassled, all 'foreign' tourists seem to be fair game for touts of kinds.

As to other places, may I recommend Paphos in Cyprus - its a lovely place and there are archeological sites there too which are very interesting. If you want to know more, please come back to me.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 06:57 PM

Croatia would be another nice country to visit if you were on your own. We have been there 4 times, there is plenty to see, lovely scenery and the locals are very friendly.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top