Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 09:01 AM

Re: My Dad

Morning lion queen, thought of you this morn...

how are you, more importantly how's dad doing ?

I really hope things are improving x

Lots of us on here have been in youre position and know those feelings so you're in good company for support xx
I'm new ish back on here but wow what a great bunch x shhh dont tell them i said that, lol
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 10:50 AM

Thank you everyone for your good thoughts and wishes.

We had hoped my Daddy could come home yesterday but while his potassium level was better they still were concerned at his kidney function.

Yesterday he was as bright as a button and didn't seem at all poorly.

I stayed with him all day to keep him company and I plan on doing the same today, just on my way up there.

I#ve just rang hospital and they told me they have taken more bloods this morning and we are awaiting those results so fingers crossed he can come home today.

To all who have shown concern I will update tonight when I get home after 8pm when visiting ends.

Have a good day all
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 12:56 PM

Oh Queeny, I am so sorry I missed this. I do hope all goes well for Daddy.
Thoughts an prayers sent.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 01:09 PM

Lion Queen, I know the hospital is not where your dad, or you, want him to be, but at least he can get the care he needs more quickly there.
I hope he is on the mend and can come home soon, but in the meantime, having you with him will help a lot.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Thank you everyone for your good thoughts and wishes.

We had hoped my Daddy could come home yesterday but while his potassium level was better they still were concerned at his kidney function.

Yesterday he was as bright as a button and didn't seem at all poorly.

I stayed with him all day to keep him company and I plan on doing the same today, just on my way up there.

I#ve just rang hospital and they told me they have taken more bloods this morning and we are awaiting those results so fingers crossed he can come home today.

To all who have shown concern I will update tonight when I get home after 8pm when visiting ends.

Have a good day all

Encouraging news indeed, Queenie.

Keep us posted.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 09:26 PM

Been with dad all day at hospital, I got him walking around the ward with me to keep him mobile, he seems in good spirits but I know he is fed up being in the hospital which is to be expected.

They had taken him off his metformin meds for his diabetes and now his sugar levels have gone high so I think they are going to give them to him tomorrow, they were trying to see if the metformin was possibly making his potassium level high as well as Enalapril which they have taken off him.

His potassium whilst it has come down is still too high and his kidney function isn't good enough for him to come home yet.

They have told me I can take him out for a few hours tomorrow so when I left him at 6pm tonight I decided to go bottom his bungalow as a surprise for him. I am taking him home in the morning and I'm going to cook a lovely sunday roast for him, I'm doing roast pork, mash potatoes, roast potatoes, cauliflower, cabbage, sprouts, carrots and gravy. I think he will be happy tomorrow.

I am hoping they will discharge him on Tuesday after Bank Holiday, I doubt they will discharge him before then but at least tomorrow he can have some time at home.

I love my Daddy so much, he means the world to me. Everyone who knows my dad loves him, he's such a gentle man with a good heart.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 09:48 PM

Goodo.He's a musician,they have a different perspective on life,the ones I know do ,anyway.Easy going and non -judgemental.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Been with dad all day at hospital, I got him walking around the ward with me to keep him mobile, he seems in good spirits but I know he is fed up being in the hospital which is to be expected.

They had taken him off his metformin meds for his diabetes and now his sugar levels have gone high so I think they are going to give them to him tomorrow, they were trying to see if the metformin was possibly making his potassium level high as well as Enalapril which they have taken off him.

His potassium whilst it has come down is still too high and his kidney function isn't good enough for him to come home yet.

They have told me I can take him out for a few hours tomorrow so when I left him at 6pm tonight I decided to go bottom his bungalow as a surprise for him. I am taking him home in the morning and I'm going to cook a lovely sunday roast for him, I'm doing roast pork, mash potatoes, roast potatoes, cauliflower, cabbage, sprouts, carrots and gravy. I think he will be happy tomorrow.

I am hoping they will discharge him on Tuesday after Bank Holiday, I doubt they will discharge him before then but at least tomorrow he can have some time at home.

I love my Daddy so much, he means the world to me. Everyone who knows my dad loves him, he's such a gentle man with a good heart.
LQ, it seems you do a great job of caring for him, so I bet you have to drag him back, kicking & screaming, after being home with a roast dinner.
Something will have caused his high potassium levels, and the symptoms are not easy to notice, so why not ask his doctor if he could have the simple blood test, on a regular basis, to make sure they don't get so bad again? A blood test every few months would cost the NHS less than a few days stay in hospital, so the NHS & your dad will both benefit!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 11:36 AM

LQ, l don’t think l have ever known anyone who could love or care more than you. In fact, l think you could, singlehanded provide the whole population of the world with love and affection!

I am sorry to hear about your dad but at least you know, the medical people are aware of it and are doing everything they can, to bring his potassium level down to the proper level.

I bet, he will love his roast dinner after the sometimes, awful hospital food.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 03:02 PM

LQ, I am so terribly sorry your dad is facing difficult health issues, and I know it is scary for you. I lost my dad last month with just a little preparation.

The best advice I can give you is just to do what you are already doing - take care of him the best you can, advocate for his well-being, and try to take the time to savor your time together, like the nice meal you prepared, telling family stories, and fulfilling his simple wishes. Get everything said, LQ and you will be able to let him go. It will be excruciating, and you won't ever get over it, but you'll mange by doing things that he loved and that will keep him powerfully in your memories.

Good things to you. I know it is consuming, so try to take breaks when you can.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top