Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 07:54 PM

Do you find celebrity chefs patronising?

I do....

For example, they'll say "this is the correct way" to cook this and that.
To me, food should be prepared the way "you" like it.
They'll say things like Tuna should be pan fried, but left red in the middle. Cobblers, I cook it until the red in the centre "just" disappears.
I've cooked duck in the past according to how they "say" it should be cooked and it was tough as old boots and chewy.

Sprouts "should" be cooked al dente - not for me, it's like eating a bloody golf ball.

What says you?........
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 08:46 PM

Re: Do you find celebrity chefs patronising?

I s'pose you could call any professional patronising, I mean they know their job and they have to instruct the masses on the correct way one must do something

But yes I'm with you all the way fender, it's down to personal taste.

Now about sprouts .... take the 's' off and that's about all I can manage - one sprout, like you it needs to be well done not as per your description of a golf ball.

PS Slightly, but only slightly off topic, I love Gordon Ramsey....

Who's your favourite celeb chef fender?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I s'pose you could call any professional patronising, I mean they know their job and they have to instruct the masses on the correct way one must do something

But yes I'm with you all the way fender, it's down to personal taste.

Now about sprouts .... take the 's' off and that's about all I can manage - one sprout, like you it needs to be well done not as per your description of a golf ball.

PS Slightly, but only slightly off topic, I love Gordon Ramsey....

Who's your favourite celeb chef fender?
Probably Ramsay as well tbh...
Some I've met in person many moons ago, though maybe more about that later. ..
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 09:08 PM

I never listen or watch celebrity chefs as l find there are
so many of them riding the TV bandwagon that they have
become very boring! You can only make a salad or chop
vegatables so many ways? On a weekend cooking programnes
must take up at least 30 % of veiwing time!
The TVseems to have become the main means of making
a living for legions of chefs and cooks etc some of whom
may even own a restaurant?
Patronising, l dont know!

Regards Donkeyman!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I do....

They'll say things like Tuna should be pan fried, but left red in the middle. Cobblers, I cook it until the red in the centre "just" disappears.
I've cooked duck in the past according to how they "say" it should be cooked and it was tough as old boots and chewy.

Sprouts "should" be cooked al dente - not for me, it's like eating a bloody golf ball.

What says you?........
You are like Mr M he likes his veg quite dead .
What about the vitamins ?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

03-06-2019, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
You are like Mr M he likes his veg quite dead .
What about the vitamins ?
I take a supplement..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I do....

What says you?........

Exactly,your preference,not theirs,even Gordon Ramsys,mother and sister said his sprouts tasted like bullets...(break a tooth!.

I wish I could cook like him,..,I always use his recipe for chocolate fondant pudding,he is a very talented chef,..he has great charisma,even though he is on the loud side.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 09:47 PM

My pet hate is how they cook lamb so it's still pink in the middle so much so that a good vet could probably get it back on its feet. Meat should be cooked properly not left borderline raw.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
My pet hate is how they cook lamb so it's still pink in the middle so much so that a good vet could probably get it back on its feet. Meat should be cooked properly not left borderline raw.
I couldn't agree more!.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 09:50 PM

The only chef I have any time for is Raymond Blanc even if he's a Frenchman. He seems to be a nice bloke, is an excellent chef and is very enthusiastic about what he cooks.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top