Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 12:49 PM

Re: David McGreavy

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Wiki tells us
“McGreavey was sentenced to multiple life terms with minimums of 20 years. In prison he has been subjected to frequent abuse by other prisoners and has spent most of his 40 years behind bars in protected conditions. He is reported to have successfully adjusted, accepted rehabilitation and engaged in painting”

I gather he ,known to be a heavy drinker with a violent temper, pleaded guilty to the murders .

In the future maybe even the likes of Huntley will be released ?
I think the only way around this is to change the law so that life actually does mean life .

I can see that he has 'served his time' which is all anyone can do really but I find it hard to believe that he has 'adjusted' after spending so much time in solitary. Surely it would make him even more of a nutter?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Blimey Twink. Please stay out of the LTP today.

Seriously though, whether he is mental or not, he has to be stopped. If he was mental then he will have no problem killing someone else.
If he was mental I have not seen it mentioned in any reports, and after hearing what he did I would think that justice could only be served by doing to him what he did to those poor children!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Thing is were his actions of a sane person? I would say no.

That being so would it be right to kill a mentally ill person because of his illness.? Here again I would say no. Secure accomadation for life but without a punishment regime yes, but to kill someone who is ill? Nah. That wouldn't be justice, that would be revenge on someone who was a mental cripple.
Get out of jail card for murderers .
If he's that insane he would have been in Broadmoor
But he wasn't he was a vicious drunk who killed babies .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If he was mental I have not seen it mentioned in any reports, and after hearing what he did I would think that justice could only be served by doing to him what he did to those poor children!
I agree.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 02:02 PM

I remember the murders in Gillam street I had just met my future husband and we were in Worcester the evening of the murder on a first date.
After the murder people in the area were in a kind of shock of disbelief that anyone could do such a terrible thing.

The MP for Worcester Robin Walker has fought hard to prevent the release of McGreavy to no avail. Some crimes are so dreadful that the perpetrators should never be released , they stand very little chance of settling back into society anyway.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Some crimes are so dreadful that the perpetrators should never be released , they stand very little chance of settling back into society anyway.
On this I do agree .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 02:16 PM

It's saying a lot for me! but words fail me. The world has gone mad.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 04:12 PM

And whom the Gods would destroy they first make mad.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 04:34 PM

He should never be free . I can't believe anyone who is capable of such vile acts can ever be rehabilitated.

He s either has serious mental problems or he is pure evil evil, whatever he should have been incarcerated forever. We have enough demons walking among us without putting known ones back on the streets.

I feel sorry for the families , they must be distraught as they are suffering a life sentence emotionally and can't get free from their pain.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

I feel sorry for the families , they must be distraught as they are suffering a life sentence emotionally and can't get free from their pain.
All three children were Elsie Urrys who he lodged with at the time .
This release is one I expect no one outside the parole board can comprehend .
It's time someone led a petition to change the law to say that a life sentence means life .

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top