Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 08:28 PM

Re: Workwear

I wore jodhpurs, riding boots, wellies for mucking out. With a polo shirt & a riding jacket or if cold a puffa. While working at the stables.
Working in a shop we had smart trousers or a skirt & a white blouse with a firms jumper, firms tee shirt in Summer.
Now I live in jeans & tee shirts. Fleeces or men's Summer jumpers. I don't own a dress or a skirt, but I do have a pair of smart trousers, mine are dark grey with a pin stripe & I have a few smart tops if I go out anywhere were you can't wear jeans.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 08:29 PM

I had to wear one when with BT. What annoyed me was I was a walking advert for the company with their logo on all the clothes. If companies want to wear things like this then they should pay you advertising fees
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
What do you do Pri?
Service engineer, repairing commercial laundry equipment
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Doubt it, you usually have to be self employed. If employed directly, you employer should supply protective clothing, and duly make any claim.
That's how it was for me. High vis coat or waistcoat, hard hat, safety glasses, safety boots, insulating gloves.....etc.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 09:05 PM

I work for an international company. The „dress code“ is pretty laid back. Smart casual for both men and women is the norm.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 09:17 PM

It was a bit uncomfortable having to wear a collar and tie, but, when it was no longer needed, it was liberating but also a sense of loss of identity, status or other silly stuff, but, was glad to have experienced the façade.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 11:14 PM

Civil Servants and Government Officials are usually smartly dressed in suits.

Office workers look more respectable if they were suits or at least a Smart Jacket

Self-employed can please themselves

Builders and Plumbers were Builders Bum Trousers.

All Workers should get Work Clothes allowance and travel expenses too

Their paltry wages eat up a large chunk of these weekly expenses.

Why is it just Self-employed that can claim these and many other allowances?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 11:31 PM

Hi

A Man in a Suit during the day, casual if working at nights.

The Man in a Suit, was for the formal bits.

I had other Suits, Personal Protective Equipment.

Full bio-hazard, body armour and the Nuclear outfit which included a gold plated visor to protect my eyes.

Thy are personalised, so in the loft now.

A bit of history to be passed down to my son.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top